Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Kenai area Fly in fishing trip #6415759
01/01/19 07:57 PM
01/01/19 07:57 PM
Bemidji, Minnesota
M
mntrapperboy Offline OP
trapper
mntrapperboy  Offline OP
trapper
M

Bemidji, Minnesota
Mntrapperboy's dad here. I'm taking my two boys and stepson up fishing on the Kenai peninsula in mid-August this year. We have two days of guided fishing lined up already and wanted to add a fly-in fishing day for silvers. I'd appreciate any advice you might have on the success on going that direction, and any advice on who to use for a day trip. I'd like to have an adventure and find a good day of fishing which would be most important, any help anyone could give me would be great. Thanks

Jack

Re: Kenai area Fly in fishing trip [Re: mntrapperboy] #6416236
01/02/19 09:02 AM
01/02/19 09:02 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I can't think of any place on the Kenai you're going to fly in to and beat the fishing the Kenai River has to offer that time of year. You can switch gears and target rainbows in the same river...they grow huge.

How about a saltwater charter for halibut? Same deal, they grow huge and are one of the besting tasting fish there is.

Re: Kenai area Fly in fishing trip [Re: mntrapperboy] #6417114
01/03/19 07:00 AM
01/03/19 07:00 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
On a fly-in for silvers you’ll probably be going to the West Side of Cook Inlet. Lots of rivers over there are early silver destinations. I don’t have any specific recommendations, but I would ask your Kenai outfitter for one. Guide services usually have relationships with other services to help clients put together whatever package they want. You might throw in some bear viewing too. They’re fun to see.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Kenai area Fly in fishing trip [Re: mntrapperboy] #6417864
01/04/19 12:29 AM
01/04/19 12:29 AM
Bemidji, Minnesota
M
mntrapperboy Offline OP
trapper
mntrapperboy  Offline OP
trapper
M

Bemidji, Minnesota
The adventure is part of it, get the boys in a float plane and hope to see some sights. I talked with the guide today and he gave me a couple, Talon and Alaska West I believe, I left my note on my desk.

Re: Kenai area Fly in fishing trip [Re: mntrapperboy] #6419044
01/05/19 12:27 PM
01/05/19 12:27 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
If you got money, I'd look at a float plane trip to fish silvers out in Prince William sound. Tend to be bigger fish and better scenery. Trail Ridge Air used to do them. They fly out of lake hood in Anchorage, but if you got money, they could probably pick you up on the peninsula. I suspect the run on the west side of cook inlet could be poor this coming year.

Who is John Galt?
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman