Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Trapper in the Utah rockies #6368226
11/08/18 10:36 AM
11/08/18 10:36 AM
Saltlake city utah
S
Steelflight Offline OP
trapper
Steelflight  Offline OP
trapper
S

Saltlake city utah
Hello all. Been diving through the archives of both sound and sometimes crazy simple ideas of trapping here. I'm living in Salt lake where you have a lot of bounty to trap. The curve ball is I have no time to get into the mountains regularly. So I'm taking advantage of the extensive canal system harvesting muskrat to start and I hope to add weasel link and fox to my list. Paul's little admittance interview inquired to my favorite animal. I currently don't have one. I'm learning a lot this first year. If there are any other Utah trappers handy on this site I would love to speak with you. The demographic seems to be a lot of Canadians and people from Minnesota. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Glad to be on the site. Hope to get to all of you.

You may think before you act. The question is did you listen to your own council?
Re: Trapper in the Utah rockies [Re: Steelflight] #6408169
12/24/18 10:04 PM
12/24/18 10:04 PM
Iowa
CAMadc Offline
trapper
CAMadc  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Hello! I’ve recently moved to Utah from Iowa. Trapping out here is super different but also the same in many cases. If you find anyone who’s trapping here regularly please let me know as well.

wink
Re: Trapper in the Utah rockies [Re: Steelflight] #6408847
12/25/18 09:24 PM
12/25/18 09:24 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Some years ago, I trained a trapper to catch bobcats in the mountains of Utah.
He was about a hour SE of Salt Lake, I believe.
I stayed with his family in a small town and traveled up around 10,000 ft to set the traps.
I wish I could remember his handle on here, but it has been some time and I have lost contact with him.
His given name is Ryan F. Maybe he will see your thread and contact you.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91