No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Just curious #6404106
12/20/18 02:59 PM
12/20/18 02:59 PM
OR
B
Brady wayne Offline OP
trapper
Brady wayne  Offline OP
trapper
B

OR
Does anyone know of a trapping demo and informational assembly to ever be put on at a school? I have kids in school now and allways thought kids should be told " the other side of the story" . the need for a predator and prey balance. And maybe the history behind trapping and fur. Im just getting tired of the way things are going for my kids and what they are led to believe. If you know of anything like this or have done it yourself I would be interested in how to go about bringing it to the school board. Or maybe even a after school program. We could trap during season and off season to some kind of conservation deal....?

Re: Just curious [Re: Brady wayne] #6404562
12/20/18 10:41 PM
12/20/18 10:41 PM
Priest River, Idaho USA
S
SundanceMtnMan Offline
trapper
SundanceMtnMan  Offline
trapper
S

Priest River, Idaho USA
Try 4-H. They have a trapping project I taught for several years while my kids were involved. It was a lot of fun and easily modified to include what you feel is important.

"They Say Nothing is Impossible,
But, I Do Nothing Every Day."
Re: Just curious [Re: Brady wayne] #6404577
12/20/18 10:56 PM
12/20/18 10:56 PM
central Wisconsin
M
Maynard B Offline
trapper
Maynard B  Offline
trapper
M

central Wisconsin
WI. has a program where we train FFA, industrial arts teachers, etc. to be trapper ed teachers. Muskrat would be the perfect person to contact about that program.

Re: Just curious [Re: Brady wayne] #6404693
12/21/18 03:02 AM
12/21/18 03:02 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Keep fighting the good fight. The further we get away from pure emotion running debates on how we should use our natural resources, the better!!

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Just curious [Re: Brady wayne] #6404910
12/21/18 11:29 AM
12/21/18 11:29 AM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY

We've had some "Earth Day" type events here. The students go from station to station and are exposed to environmental topics. Another trapper and I focused on nuisance trapping with cage traps, explaining some of the diseases associated with over populations and general safety around wild animals. These were mostly suburban students. Some of the students get right into it with what they saw or what happened to a relative. In a more rural setting, traps, skins, etc were displayed and lots of questions were answered.

If you get a chance to do this--it's pretty rewarding. Most of the feed-back from students and teachers is positive.

Re: Just curious [Re: Brady wayne] #6404951
12/21/18 12:17 PM
12/21/18 12:17 PM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
I got an in with my oldests teacher. find out which ones are outdoorsman and go talk to them. most teachers look for something to take up their time, especially around the holidays where the kids are just there because they have to be.

Ive been going in and doing a classroom presentation on trapping the past few years. this year the teacher wants me to do a presentation to the entire grade.

as stated above ffa, and shop type classes are usually a good place to look too. we had a local kid show his class how to skin a coon in his shop class. I wasn't there but heard he did pretty good.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread