have been using cabelas trans-alaska pac boot for the last 8 years. They are a warm boot and my feet have never got cold in them. They just have two flaws. One is that they are a real pain to take off and on. I don’t put them on till I get to loading as they are way to hot in the truck. The other one is they offer very little support for your feet. I drug a deer out last year about 1/4 mile and my ankles were killing me when I got done. After doing a lot of searching and I decided to get a pair of Baffin Apex boots. When they first got to my house I was not impressed But after wearing them a few times out fishing Im starting to like them. They offer good support and are way easier to get on and off. I have not tested them in real cold weather yet the coldest was 5 degrees. They are bulky but not as bulky and the cabales boots. They also will fit in snowshoe binding the cabelas ones wouldn't and I had to make a special pair to fit the boot. With that said without any support it made some slow going in some areas. I will say they are more comfortable them the cabelas ones are. After a full season I will have a better review, but for now I give them a A.