No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: English assignment [Re: Eagleye] #6392707
12/07/18 05:53 PM
12/07/18 05:53 PM
kansas
H
Hal Aggers Offline
trapper
Hal Aggers  Offline
trapper
H

kansas
Originally Posted by Eagleye
Originally Posted by wissmiss
You should probably use spell checker before you submit your paper. Just saying that to be helpful. Not to criticize. smile

If only it wasn't an English paper LMAO

Come on people I spit coffee all over my computer.
I believe any thing you write to help promote outdoors will be a good thing for you and us.

Re: English assignment [Re: trapperty16] #6393063
12/08/18 02:18 AM
12/08/18 02:18 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
One point I like to make is that when you look at the big picture, the Liberal mantras of anti-harvesting, anti-petroleum and anti-development are incongruent and incompatible.
Take clothing for example. Your clothes can be made of petroleum, they can be made of farmed fiber which supports mass agriculture and forest/wildland destruction, or they can be made of fur/leather, which is harvest from the surplus of animals in their own habitat, or from the control of invasive/nuisance animals. Imagine how much more cropland would have to be cleared for cotton and hemp if we quit making clothing out of synthetics.

You can use the same illustration for food: it’s got to be farmed, manufactured or wild-harvested. In today’s world of hype and fear about big industry, big agriculture and climate change, it should be clear that wild harvest is the most eco-friendly and sustainable means of subsistence, and it should be championed by earth-huggers more than anything.

To be clear, I support oil, mining, and agriculture. I’m just using illustrations that might connect with liberals.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: English assignment [Re: trapperty16] #6393289
12/08/18 01:12 PM
12/08/18 01:12 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I like the wild harvested option.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: English assignment [Re: run] #6393304
12/08/18 01:37 PM
12/08/18 01:37 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
A good story to add would be one about the local couple from the city who buy a local farm. Once they have a few ducks and chickens and fall in love with the local wildlife, there comes the day that the fox finds the henhouse. Curiously, then they want something done to protect their precious hens. Classic biblical story about not caring until it was your ox being gored. Once the chickens were their own... the foxes mattered. Living near San Francisco I saw it often and enjoyed hunting on private land as a result.

Don't just present one side of the story. If you present both sides with enough intelligent comment from your side, the message will come through.

And don't be nervous. Be proud of what you know.

Good luck,

Pete

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread