No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Bobcat question. #6382998
11/26/18 09:37 PM
11/26/18 09:37 PM
Roswell, NM
C
countrystrong Offline OP
trapper
countrystrong  Offline OP
trapper
C

Roswell, NM
Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question, I live in Roswell, NM & I killed my first cat when I was 8 & 4 cats last winter first one in years killed on January the 30th. I let some go because I thought it was to early & they were not prime yet. I have troubles figuring out when cats are good to start killing being that I have only killed 5 in my life me being 22 years old. My taxidermist informed me that they are prime in February but good in January. I know that fox & yotes fur up first but I have been seeing cats & they are harder to come by down here so want to get every chance I can to skin em. Hopefully yall can help me come up with a better answer, I dont want to start killing cats early hate wasting any fur. Thank you

Re: Bobcat question. [Re: countrystrong] #6383049
11/26/18 10:24 PM
11/26/18 10:24 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

In these parts I start after cats in January. February cats would be the best around here.

Re: Bobcat question. [Re: countrystrong] #6383145
11/27/18 12:11 AM
11/27/18 12:11 AM
kansas
H
Hal Aggers Offline
trapper
Hal Aggers  Offline
trapper
H

kansas
I always try not to catch any here tell after the first of the year.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread