No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Finding the line between survey points [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6374290
11/15/18 02:51 PM
11/15/18 02:51 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Don't trust corner pins that aren't correctly done. My grandfather set a lighter stop in a hillside on the homeplace as one corner and an iron on the bank of the branch at the other corner. When surveyed the lighter stop should've been 20' downhill and the iron should've been three feet over in the center of the stream bed.

[Linked Image]
Re: Finding the line between survey points [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6374303
11/15/18 03:12 PM
11/15/18 03:12 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
My legal description is something like W half of NE 1/4 of Sec 3 T17R16 plus S half of ect. only small or irregular pieces would be described by metes and bounds.

But the OP stated between two known points so $10 worth of string is really all he needs. I will say that hanging a white bed sheet at the starting point will let you back check from a greater distance.

Re: Finding the line between survey points [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6374448
11/15/18 06:42 PM
11/15/18 06:42 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline OP
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline OP
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Well, I went out and marked up my 2 pins good with pink tape and about every 20 yards I tied one on a tree. Three or 4 trees were marked with old tape where the neighbor thought the line was so that was a good feeling. Problem is her husband dozed out some old field and so I stuck a few fence posts in and taped them up pretty and shot a line as good as I can. Took wifes smart phone down and stood under one of my marks and it looks very close to what it shows on the online plat. I took down a section of fence clearly on me and figure that will get the neighbors attention as my line is about 40' on what they had been grazing. Old property owner had owned it all and neighbor to north bought north and I bought west parcel - fence was never near line and they just utilized. Here in Missouri I think if someone does that like 7 or 10 years - they basically have ownership then. I also flagged up his dozer pile - he pushed over on me......I really wish folks would talk before they worked near property lines. I have always let my neighbors know before hand my plans.

Re: Finding the line between survey points [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6374537
11/15/18 08:37 PM
11/15/18 08:37 PM
jeffersonville indiana
J
jeff1911 Offline
trapper
jeff1911  Offline
trapper
J

jeffersonville indiana
don't know your situation but.... u and a buddy go out on a foggy night or go build a smoky fire at each point...shine a laser pointer up straight and youll be able to see it a long way away in the fog or smoke...

If it flys it dies. and if it sits it dies too....
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread