No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6335742
09/28/18 09:38 PM
09/28/18 09:38 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
Bushnell, bought at Walmart. No batteries. USB charge. Absolutely love it. No batteries=light weight. Spot light, led low and high, and red lens

Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6335751
09/28/18 09:43 PM
09/28/18 09:43 PM
SD
Boone Liane Offline
trapper
Boone Liane  Offline
trapper

SD
Zebralight.

Re: Best LED headlight [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6335871
09/29/18 01:43 AM
09/29/18 01:43 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
I asked this question a few years ago the answer I got here was Black Diamond , and it has been very good best headlamp I have owned.

I don't recall the model I have and I don't have it with me or if they even make it any more I think it is 4-5 years old now.

it runs on 3 AAA batteries I use rechargeable batteries in it it is small but bright for working on things and navigating in the woods in the dark.

it has red and white and it remembers the alst setting for brightness and color you were on so that if you were on red you don't have to cycle through any white same when shutting off.

it only has one button so it is if you press and release or press and hold how you select options but after reading the instructions it isn't difficult.

I just bought a second Black Diamond Storm headlamp. That may be the one you mean.

I don't like the remote (back-of-the-head or pocket) battery packs. They tend to be brighter, but I like the light weight and compactness of the Black Diamond.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6335932
09/29/18 06:56 AM
09/29/18 06:56 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Very informative guys!!

Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6342352
10/07/18 10:06 AM
10/07/18 10:06 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
FYI, I have three Coast LED headlamps, one I use for running early in dark mornings. These each were only $24 at Home Depot, and each have over 450 lumens on brightest setting. 3 AAA batteries, all in just the lamp unit (not in separate battery pack in back). They are light, the headband has reflector diamond shapes on it (safety), and they are durable as heck. I run 3-4 marathons a year, and log about 1,200 running miles annually too, nearly all of that in dark at like 4:30AM or 5:00AM before work.
These things will throw a beam a LONG ways, and will light up coon eyes 1/4 mile away, seriously. I did it just this very morning...running on county road at 5:00AM getting nine miles in before the monsoons hit here. Small group of "eyes" on the road 1/4 mile ahead of me at the bridge...when I got there they were all up in the nearby cottonwood. This headlamp is BRIGHT and takes back the night!
So, Coast brand with the 450+ lumens is the ONLY light I will use for running and trapping now. Have used them for the last 3 years straight. They are light weight, they take quite a jarring, the beam can be wide and bright, or narrow and LONG distance. There are three brightness settings plus you can twist the front for focused beam. And for only $24 bucks a pop its way cheaper than most high end head lamps. I've tried a zillion other makes and models, and put out a lot of cash for high end models as well as lower end models. This model is the ONLY one I will use and I will rely on. My kids love them for trapping, literally like having the light ability of a high beam car light in a small compact LED headlamp. I need to see dog crap on the running trails ahead of me, plus rocks, sticks, walnuts, whatever may cause me injury if I step on them just wrong. (the dog poo is important to see because, well, running shoes are expensive and nobody likes to clean that crud off of any shoe).
Just my experience, folks.
Lumens are important, but how far or how wide that beam throws is also very important, as well as how long they will last on highest setting without chewing through a bucket of expensive batteries. Read the labels, read the reviews. Above is mine for Coast headlamps.
For $24 I bought three (one for me and one each for my two sons) and have never looked at another brand again.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6342363
10/07/18 10:16 AM
10/07/18 10:16 AM
iowa
T
trappinia Offline
trapper
trappinia  Offline
trapper
T

iowa
Black diamond storm here also ,and like it a lot .

Re: Best LED headlight [Re: BernieB.] #6343420
10/08/18 06:10 PM
10/08/18 06:10 PM
Salem, OR
GomerPyle746 Offline
trapper
GomerPyle746  Offline
trapper

Salem, OR
30000LM Tactical T6 LED headlamp. unbelievably bright.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread