No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone used Aquacide #6286355
07/24/18 08:50 PM
07/24/18 08:50 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline OP
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline OP
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Need to make and keep a kill hole in the shallows of my new property. As well as keep plants from invading my channel.

Thanks in advance MT

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Anyone used Aquacide [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6286391
07/24/18 09:34 PM
07/24/18 09:34 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
If your speaking of the pellets for killing lake weeds, yes I have used them in a couple different locations. They do work. However the type of bottom has a great impact on the result. If you have a hard sand bottom and the pellets dissolve on top of it as they should it's great. If you have any sort of soft bottom the pellets settle down in, as they dissolve they do not dissipate outwards nearly as much so they do not perform well.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Anyone used Aquacide [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6286434
07/24/18 10:13 PM
07/24/18 10:13 PM
South Dakota, now WI
SD Coon Catcher Offline
trapper
SD Coon Catcher  Offline
trapper

South Dakota, now WI
Michigan, fish hatchery worker here. Copper sulfate pellets and liquid solutions are a go to around here for pond weeds. Diquat is also something new we have been testing, should work equally as copper, at least time will tell. Not much likes copper- fish, plants, algae, mussels, etc. will die quick if their is enough. Just be careful not to overdue it and I'm sure your kill hole will be looking good enough to be mistaken for a private swimming pool wink

Re: Anyone used Aquacide [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6286969
07/25/18 08:36 PM
07/25/18 08:36 PM
While my feet are in Indiana, ...
jaggersr Offline
trapper
jaggersr  Offline
trapper

While my feet are in Indiana, ...
X2 on the Copper Sulfate. Just be careful and follow the ratio directions. I accidentally killed a dozen of my big catfish and about twice that many "big" hybrid bluegill a few years ago treating alga. Been using barley straw the last 2 years with great success.

Beware the pickle jar on the wood pile!
Re: Anyone used Aquacide [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6287030
07/25/18 09:40 PM
07/25/18 09:40 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline OP
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline OP
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
The water body is 150+ acres.

The kill hole would be in about 18" of water with 2 feet of old vegetation over sand. Thinking may have to find a way to push the crap off the sand

The channel has the same on the edges but is sand down the middle but the lily pad are encroaching in to it

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Anyone used Aquacide [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6287082
07/25/18 10:48 PM
07/25/18 10:48 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted By: Michigan Trappin
The water body is 150+ acres.

The kill hole would be in about 18" of water with 2 feet of old vegetation over sand. Thinking may have to find a way to push the crap off the sand

The channel has the same on the edges but is sand down the middle but the lily pad are encroaching in to it

Up here dragging an old bed spring works wonders for cleaning the bottom. Others use a sludge pump sucking out of the same lake and the discharge end wired to a concrete block which they move as needed. Blows the bottom pretty darn clean.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread