No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Cherry trees #6286075
07/24/18 03:13 PM
07/24/18 03:13 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline OP
trapper
Getting There  Offline OP
trapper
G

West Michigan
Some time back someone ask about growing Cherry trees. I talked to a guy that grows Cherry trees. He said they can not take the real cold in the winter so keep them on high ground and they do not do well with soil that does not drain well. He said they do not like wet feet.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Cherry trees [Re: Getting There] #6286097
07/24/18 03:59 PM
07/24/18 03:59 PM
Central ohio
TrapperD81 Offline
trapper
TrapperD81  Offline
trapper

Central ohio
As a certified Arborist I can agree with you're above assessment. Are you growing them for fruit production? In most cases in the Columbus Ohio area the cherry trees seem to do pretty well, however if we have a very cold winter they will certainly have some damage done to them. I would also check your planting zone and soil type as far as clay or sand Etc. There are different varieties that are better adapted to certain weather aspects, a little research will get you a long way and save you a lot of headaches.

Re: Cherry trees [Re: Getting There] #6286406
07/24/18 09:46 PM
07/24/18 09:46 PM
minot, ND
B
bvrtrpr Offline
trapper
bvrtrpr  Offline
trapper
B

minot, ND
I have had a NorthStar in my back yard for over 20 years. I get 1-3 pies from it every year.

I believe we are in zone 3-4?

Grew up NE of Columbus and there were lots there, both sweet and pie.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread