No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Georgia Women.... #6260288
06/15/18 07:47 AM
06/15/18 07:47 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline OP
trapper
Tweed  Offline OP
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Georgia women aint no joke....

Cat Rastln

HART COUNTY, Ga. —

A 46-year-old Georgia woman is being treated for exposure to rabies after she was attacked by a bobcat that she choked to death after it jumped her.

Dede Mealor Phillips, of Hartwell, had put a bumper stick on her truck last Thursday evening when she heard a neighbor’s dog start barking. Right after, the bobcat appeared and leaped onto Phillips, according to a report in The Hartwell Sun.

Sheriff’s Office officials said Phillips grabbed the bobcat by the neck and “choked it out.”

“Thank God I am not a little woman,“ Phillips told The Sun. “Thank God it wasn’t my daughter-in-law or my granddaughter.”

Phillips suffered lacerations on her arms, hands and face. The bobcat tested positive for rabies, officials said.

Peggy Mercado commented on Facebook: “I'm still in awe at how you fought off that attack. My god, you did it too. I won't go outside without an open pocket knife. Scary as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)! Bless you! You truly are super woman. Feel better soon!”

Phillips responded, “I normally carry, but as fast as this cat moved, I would have never made it to the holster.

"Normally bobcats see a person a run like (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) the other way. That’s really what I expected this one to do. Not take a leap and attack my face!”

Phillips’ daughter, Heather Mealor, posted on Facebook: “Dede is currently having issues with her hands and is in a lot of pain still. We’re all worried, and she’s afraid she may lose a few fingers due to the severe pressure and swelling in her hands. One of her fingers is broken and she can’t get on any steroids due to it counteracting with the rabies vaccine.”

The family has started a Fundly page to try to help defray the costs of rabies treatment. They said each set of shots costs several thousand dollars, and they said Phillips needs four more series of injections.

“She is a lady who would give you the shirt off her back and will drop whatever she is doing to come help. I know because she has for me,” her cousin posted. “She loves hard and is one heck of a woman. She is also having to go to an orthopedic doctor about her hands. She currently has very little use of them and is in a lot of pain. She doesn't have insurance, so this is all going to cost a lot.”

Re: Georgia Women.... [Re: Tweed] #6260329
06/15/18 09:00 AM
06/15/18 09:00 AM
Alabama
2ndjoborfun Offline
trapper
2ndjoborfun  Offline
trapper

Alabama
Praying for the best for her.

“In God is our trust!” And the star-span-gled ban-ner in tri-umph shall wave O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Francis Key
Re: Georgia Women.... [Re: Tweed] #6260332
06/15/18 09:03 AM
06/15/18 09:03 AM
Alabama
2ndjoborfun Offline
trapper
2ndjoborfun  Offline
trapper

Alabama
Go fund me page vs. fundly?

“In God is our trust!” And the star-span-gled ban-ner in tri-umph shall wave O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Francis Key
Re: Georgia Women.... [Re: 2ndjoborfun] #6260349
06/15/18 09:47 AM
06/15/18 09:47 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline OP
trapper
Tweed  Offline OP
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: 2ndjoborfun
Go fund me page vs. fundly?

Its Fundly.

Here's the link Lets Help DeDe

Re: Georgia Women.... [Re: Tweed] #6260423
06/15/18 01:12 PM
06/15/18 01:12 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread