Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Spring Beaver- Knik, little su ?? #6200480
03/26/18 09:59 PM
03/26/18 09:59 PM
Wasilla AK
S
steelieking Offline OP
trapper
steelieking  Offline OP
trapper
S

Wasilla AK
Hey all. Been quite a while since ive been in here. My little one is old enough to go out on the boat with me this year, so spring beaver is our first adventures. I live off KGB in the valley. Was planning on trapping the Knik from Butte south and running a loop through the Matanuska as well. My other option is the little su. I wanted to do up the big su, but just too far to travel for beaver this year. Any suggestions or is it a waste of time. I fish the little su and hunt the knik, so I know both have beaver. Want the best catch rate, just so the kiddo can learn the ropes as we go. We will tan our furs and make a blanket for her bed with whatever we catch. Thanks in advance for advise if you have any.

Take a kid out when you go, it will change him forever
Re: Spring Beaver- Knik, little su ?? [Re: steelieking] #6200504
03/26/18 10:47 PM
03/26/18 10:47 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Might be someones trapline already?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Spring Beaver- Knik, little su ?? [Re: steelieking] #6224724
04/23/18 02:26 PM
04/23/18 02:26 PM
Alaska
H
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
Hupurest  Offline
"Andy S wannabe"
H

Alaska
if you're going to trap the Knik from the butte bridge to the highway bridge, the river beaver when I floated it last was kind of sparse.

I fat biked from hunter creek to the Knik glacier 2 weekends ago and I saw 1.... 1 beaver lodge. it isn't too far from the hunter creek bridge.

there are a couple of bank dens downstream of the Butte bridge, but I didn't see any recent cutting suggesting that they are still active.

maybe a shorter trip to do, to scout and check it out would be starting at the tailrace and floating to the highway bridge, to see if it is worth it. there wasn't much sign upstream of the tailrace when I floated it.

Originally Posted By: Malukchuk
I'll take wolves over idiots any day.
Re: Spring Beaver- Knik, little su ?? [Re: steelieking] #6224784
04/23/18 03:57 PM
04/23/18 03:57 PM
Alaska
S
Super Wide Offline
trapper
Super Wide  Offline
trapper
S

Alaska
I know my trapping partner is trapping the Knik and the Matanuska rivers, downstream of Palmer, with his 2 kids. He said there is not many there this year. I hope you find some with your kids though.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman