No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So it continues [Re: jbyrd63] #6173138
02/28/18 12:21 PM
02/28/18 12:21 PM
Wilmington, NC
Tim H. Offline
trapper
Tim H.  Offline
trapper

Wilmington, NC
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
You're right about that. A lot of companies I shop with are very liberal, from my grocery store to my cell phone provider.
But, you implied in your first post that boycotting them was somehow infringing on their rights. I was just pointing out that you were mistaken.

No didn't mean that at all. I'm saying they HAVE the right to not sale anything they want . People are starting to sound like liberals on here. Boycott this, protest that, see what we are becoming. The same actions that make us want to puke . People always wanting to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and complain...

WE ARE ALL guilty

WHOA slow down !! So you guys don't believe in the constitution !!!! Our Vets fought and died for the right to choose!!!!!!. They didn't say they are not going to sale guns , any number of which you have the right to bear and protect yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite !!!! You want your rights but they don't have the right to pick what guns they sale....

This is the post I was referring to. Maybe I just read it wrong.

"The man who goes to sea for pleasure would go to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to pass the time!"
Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173148
02/28/18 12:27 PM
02/28/18 12:27 PM
South Alabama
B
Bayou Trapper Offline
trapper
Bayou Trapper  Offline
trapper
B

South Alabama
I am afraid that some of these big stores are all about the "bottom line". They have some guys in a big board room that see what is coming down the road and they are jumping on the "politically correct" band wagon. Its easier to go along than stand up for what's right. I'd like to see our Politicians along with major sporting goods suppliers and Gun shops make a statement and address the real issues. AR 15's are not the issue. If we take up all the Ar15's then the killers and crazies will use the next best thing. Drugs are illegal, and yet they are everywhere! Drugs are being sold in our schools to children everyday but yet, it seems we are loosing the battle. If the Government cant stop drugs, how can they stop illegal guns? As stated earlier, yes there is a lot of retailers that support the liberal agenda. But once I know who they are, I stop using them. I cant shut them down myself, but if more did the same, then it would matter. Its all about "Conviction". How much do you believe in the things that you hold dear? We just need to pray that our elected officials have the Conviction to support the folks that elected them!

Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173151
02/28/18 12:30 PM
02/28/18 12:30 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
They have the right to choose what the sell but I do not think they have the right to decide to stop selling something to a certain segment of the population that it is otherwise legal to sell to. They are going to stop selling guns to 18-20 year olds. That is discrimination based on age and I do not believe that is legal.

And I certainly have the right to decide where I spend my money other than taxes.

Last edited by QuietButDeadly; 02/28/18 12:32 PM.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173211
02/28/18 01:45 PM
02/28/18 01:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Dick's has been a sell out for years , hide the evil black guns every time there is any chance they could offend.

really surprised they even had them which makes them even bigger hypocrites they swore after sandy hook they swore would not sell them any more but apparently they wanted to get a piece of the pie after they rejected it and its users.

they are long time sellouts and traders there to make money and bend to the winds of of public opinion. no friend of the sportsman or the patriot.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: So it continues [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6173229
02/28/18 02:03 PM
02/28/18 02:03 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
Dick's has been a sell out for years , hide the evil black guns every time there is any chance they could offend.

really surprised they even had them which makes them even bigger hypocrites they swore after sandy hook they swore would not sell them any more but apparently they wanted to get a piece of the pie after they rejected it and its users.

they are long time sellouts and traders there to make money and bend to the winds of of public opinion. no friend of the sportsman or the patriot.

Typical hypocrites, they pulled them after Sandy Hook but continued to sell them at their Field and Stream stores. Now they are pulling them from F&S. Wonder if they will just move them to Golf Galaxy which they also own or hang a new banner to sell them under.

Just sound like publicity prostitutes to me and the liberal media is stumbling all over themselves to provide free publicity for them.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173237
02/28/18 02:17 PM
02/28/18 02:17 PM
South MS
dublelung Offline
trapper
dublelung  Offline
trapper

South MS
They're called Dick's for a reason. They should rename it Politically Correct Dicks.

Re: So it continues [Re: dublelung] #6173250
02/28/18 02:34 PM
02/28/18 02:34 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Off subject but funny story. I was coaching my daughters soccer team of 6 year old girls. All the yuppy moms were standing around after practice and
the one mom asked where to buy shin guards. Another mom replied I just love Dicks, I died laughing. Then another mom says I googled Dicks the other day,
oh my, oh my what came up. It was too funny.

Jbyrd, you sitting down? I agree with everything you posted, lol, just don't talk Saban and Bama and everything will be cool, lol.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: So it continues [Re: jbyrd63] #6173265
02/28/18 02:54 PM
02/28/18 02:54 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
WHOA slow down !! So you guys don't believe in the constitution !!!! Our Vets fought and died for the right to choose!!!!!!. They didn't say they are not going to sale guns , any number of which you have the right to bear and protect yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite !!!! You want your rights but they don't have the right to pick what guns they sale....

I smell what your cooking but I am not hungry. Lol

I am not being a hypocrite just using my own rights to boycott anyone or any place I choose.

If you decide to support businesses that are making it public news to play along with the anti games by all means that's your choice.

My game is simple just stay out of thier place of business.

They have thier right and they have chosen to do what they did right or wrong. I am not fringing on them or taking thier rights away. Just like your rights I am not fringing on your beliefs or opinions and you should not on mine as well.

Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173266
02/28/18 02:55 PM
02/28/18 02:55 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
They have the right to pick and choose what they sell... I have the right to pick and choose where I shop.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: So it continues [Re: Law Dog] #6173343
02/28/18 04:25 PM
02/28/18 04:25 PM
South Carolina
T
Tom cat Offline
trapper
Tom cat  Offline
trapper
T

South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Never been in one of their stores looks like I never will!

Been twice... you ain’t missing nothing.

Sugarcreektrapping@gmail.com
Re: So it continues [Re: Tom cat] #6173430
02/28/18 06:19 PM
02/28/18 06:19 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Tom cat
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Never been in one of their stores looks like I never will!

Been twice... you ain’t missing nothing.

x2

The first time I went in I was disappointed with what I found. But I will admit to buying a .22 cal cleaning jag.

The second time I went in I was delirious with fever.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: So it continues [Re: bass10] #6173470
02/28/18 06:58 PM
02/28/18 06:58 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: bass10
Off subject but funny story. I was coaching my daughters soccer team of 6 year old girls. All the yuppy moms were standing around after practice and
the one mom asked where to buy shin guards. Another mom replied I just love Dicks, I died laughing. Then another mom says I googled Dicks the other day,
oh my, oh my what came up. It was too funny.

Jbyrd, you sitting down? I agree with everything you posted, lol, just don't talk Saban and Bama and everything will be cool, lol.

Deal
Until October anyway lol

Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173480
02/28/18 07:08 PM
02/28/18 07:08 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

I'm okay with it, that's their right to sell or not sell whatever they want. I also have the option to give them my money or not. They need to remember this when a cake shop doesn't want to cater to something they don't agree with.

Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173511
02/28/18 07:44 PM
02/28/18 07:44 PM
Southeast PA
Buckmark22 Offline
trapper
Buckmark22  Offline
trapper

Southeast PA
Good Lord... A store decides to stop selling a product and you all lose your minds. It's rather comical.

It's their right to choose not to sell handguns, so they don't....now they are deciding to not sell AR's...fine, whatever.

Go buy from the little guy who was losing business to Dick's anyway. I suspect most folks on here don't frequent them anyway as trappers since they don't carry ANY trapping gear.

Get a grip and don't be such snowflakes.

Thank you!

-Buckmark22

Happy just to be in the woods. Happier if I make meat and fur!
Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173563
02/28/18 08:38 PM
02/28/18 08:38 PM
Lowell, MI
M
MIsparkz Offline
trapper
MIsparkz  Offline
trapper
M

Lowell, MI
Some of you guys are pretty sad. You see nothing wrong with being a turncoat person/company.... They don’t stand for anything and defend nothing. If I like you today and stab you in the back tomorrow you’d come back Friday and help me out?!? They did the same thing last time, winds changed and they starting stocking them again and now just like last time they are the first to run their mouth off telling everyone how they’ve seen the light. You’re right it’s their company and they can do what they want I have no problem with that...it’s the citizens that see no problem with their way of practicing business & it’s direct impact on what you supposedly enjoy and support that worries me. You send money to Hillary’s campaign while you were hoping Trump would win too????

Re: So it continues [Re: SkyeDancer] #6173588
02/28/18 08:55 PM
02/28/18 08:55 PM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

St. Croix County, Wisconsin
Same company that owns Dick's also owns Golf Galaxy for those that chase the little white ball around.

Re: So it continues [Re: ToTheWoods] #6173797
02/28/18 11:27 PM
02/28/18 11:27 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted By: ToTheWoods
Same company that owns Dick's also owns Golf Galaxy for those that chase the little white ball around.

Well than I know where to release all the pocket gophers

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread