No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: ToTheWoods] #6160375
02/17/18 08:49 AM
02/17/18 08:49 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted By: ToTheWoods
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
They are junk....Buy an AK47
Ya we heard you the first 5 times

ToTheWoods,

Try Not To Feed The Troll. smile

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160383
02/17/18 09:06 AM
02/17/18 09:06 AM
Lowell, MI
M
MIsparkz Offline
trapper
MIsparkz  Offline
trapper
M

Lowell, MI
It’s incredible though the amount of people that believe what they are told without any further research. We had a family birthday party last night and the recent school shooting came up. My sister starts saying how ridiculous it is that a 19 year can just walk in and buy a AR. So I asked why is that ridiculous? Why just ridiculous w/ AR’s and not w/ other guns? She responds well it’s different because those things shoot fully automatic. Floored me that my sister believed that. I don’t have the answers how but some how we need to do a better job of informing. I can guarantee if someone had come to her door asking for a signature to ban AR’s she would have signed in a heartbeat all because of false information. They expend more energy spreading outright lies than we do spreading facts and what is or soon will be the majority just follow along blindly.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160389
02/17/18 09:14 AM
02/17/18 09:14 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
5-10 million is a very conservative estimate, over 1 million in NY State alone.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160437
02/17/18 10:10 AM
02/17/18 10:10 AM
Montana
M
Medlaketrap Offline
trapper
Medlaketrap  Offline
trapper
M

Montana
"Gun Control"... the oldest trick in the book... the government is using reverse psychology.... in my opinion, they WANT their citizens armed. Every single time you hear of one of these "mass shootings" ... just pay attention to the words they use to describe them... all the same every time it happens... Then as soon as the media ends the story or their coverage of what happened.... the very next thing they show you is "gun control" ... but the government knows... every time they hammer on gun control... people go out and buy guns and ammo by the millions... come on guys... wake up.... they want you armed! How many other countries could make that statement? That their citizens are armed to the nuts!! With semi-automatic assault rifles? Answer me that!!!

For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son!
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160444
02/17/18 10:26 AM
02/17/18 10:26 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Gun control, immigration, debt and deficit, all talking points to keep the country in gridlock. The politicians have to have their divisive rhetoric.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160455
02/17/18 10:33 AM
02/17/18 10:33 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Quote:
"Gun Control"... the oldest trick in the book... the government is using reverse psychology.... in my opinion, they WANT their citizens armed. Every single time you hear of one of these "mass shootings" ... just pay attention to the words they use to describe them... all the same every time it happens... Then as soon as the media ends the story or their coverage of what happened.... the very next thing they show you is "gun control" ... but the government knows... every time they hammer on gun control... people go out and buy guns and ammo by the millions... come on guys... wake up.... they want you armed! How many other countries could make that statement? That their citizens are armed to the nuts!! With semi-automatic assault rifles? Answer me that!!!

So do you think its a "selling" point in talks with foreign adversaries, such as, in private of course, "You know [fill in the blank global adversary leader], your country could never invade or control the U.S. because our private citizens are heavily armed and would resist you forever". Is that how such a conversation would go? Sort of a geo-political poker chip? Or do you think the Deep State wants more guns and the talk of gun control because they eventually want a civil war and hopefully full dictatorship power? Or is there another goal...?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160466
02/17/18 10:43 AM
02/17/18 10:43 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Quote:
I've been asking pretty much the same thing... "How do you propose we enforce a ban?"

When you lay out the facts... Crickets.

Mike

Mike- A majority of people just go on emotion, whatever makes them feel a little bit better. When they actually are faced with something concrete, they can't come up with a rational or even a semi-rational plan. Instead of taking away the civil liberties of tens of millions of law-abiding citizens, if governments at all levels wanted to make school shootings a hard thing to accomplish, it would be better to pass laws with block grant funding to better secure schools through various means; controlled access points, the ability to quickly lock down sections of the school into decoupled compartments, more and better manned security cameras, etc. I would also recommend that shooter's names and photos not be released to the media. As I stated earlier, most of these psychopaths crave attention. Don't let the media give them any. The serial killer from the KC area (can't remember the initials they use for him), as part of his life prison sentencing, can't access the news or ever read anything about his crimes. He craved the attention and now the only kind he gets is from his own mind, nothing from the outside.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160480
02/17/18 10:53 AM
02/17/18 10:53 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
If it did happen it would most likely go like full autos turn them in or pay the tax for the license. If you get caught with one without the paperwork your a felon. After time the tax goes up and up until it cost so much to own them or the magazines they are not that much fun. Again you get caught with one your a felon. I know there are some here that say you wouldn't give them up but in reality who wants to give up everything. Look at the way they take trapping its like eating an elephant one bite at a time, sad but true

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: danvee] #6160522
02/17/18 11:23 AM
02/17/18 11:23 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted By: danvee
If it did happen it would most likely go like full autos turn them in or pay the tax for the license. If you get caught with one without the paperwork your a felon. After time the tax goes up and up until it cost so much to own them or the magazines they are not that much fun. Again you get caught with one your a felon. I know there are some here that say you wouldn't give them up but in reality who wants to give up everything. Look at the way they take trapping its like eating an elephant one bite at a time, sad but true
Yup, NFA was back in the forties? There are still a bunch of full autos floating around unregistered.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160536
02/17/18 11:35 AM
02/17/18 11:35 AM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
"There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
Here's a good read,
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!
So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
Taking away guns gives control to governments."

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6160552
02/17/18 11:57 AM
02/17/18 11:57 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Art, thanks for all the info, very informative and very true.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: James] #6160557
02/17/18 12:08 PM
02/17/18 12:08 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
Originally Posted By: James
I have no use whatsoever for one of these black rifles. I love wood-stocked single-shot and bolt-guns.

I only bought a black rifle (Sig 556) because Obama didn't want me to have it. Came with a peep site supposedly good to 300 yards, but I can't hit the bullseye with it at 100.

I'd like to sell the damm thing. Maybe I'll put a scope on it and see if it shoots then.

Jim

Well, your doing better than me, I have no idea if mine will shoot or not, still in the box from purchase date 3 or 4 years ago.
Add Savage 99's & 1899's to the single shot and bolt guns and your a well rounded person.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Rat Masterson] #6160569
02/17/18 12:20 PM
02/17/18 12:20 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
Art, thanks for all the info, very informative and very true.

Ditto.

Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: Marty] #6160678
02/17/18 02:38 PM
02/17/18 02:38 PM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
yep me too. Mostly scared old white guys, tin foil hat types, used to see them lined up for ammo when the trucks came in

Originally Posted By: Marty
...I have heard about folks who have more than 50 mags and more than a dozen ar-15's.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: 5 to 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. [Re: danvee] #6160718
02/17/18 03:38 PM
02/17/18 03:38 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline OP
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline OP
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: danvee

Remember the bank robbery in CA during the 90's? Those two clowns robbed the bank with full auto AK's and held the public/police at bay for quite a while in a huge firefight...

Just exactly how did NFA stop those two criminals from obtaining and using full autos to commit their crime?

The only thing that stops a human being from committing a crime against someone else is a conscious choice... Anything else is just a minor inconvenience that can be overcome.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread