Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Caught the dumbs ones. . . #6156217
02/13/18 12:21 AM
02/13/18 12:21 AM
AK
bfisch Offline OP
trapper
bfisch  Offline OP
trapper

AK
I caught all the young and dumb ones on my fox line back in late November and early December. Gave them about a month break and set it up again because of all the sign, but they wouldn't come to baited sets and some would even come to my foot trail and turn right around and go back where they came from. I decided to change things up and leave the baited sets alone. I switched to trail sets with no attractant. So far it has been paying off!
Some of the sign that made me decide to reset the area.

X marks the trap

Results of above set

I set a snare in a rabbit trail that the fox were also using. Apparently, the loop was too large (hip catch) and he decided up the tree was the best escape.

Re: Caught the dumbs ones. . . [Re: bfisch] #6156367
02/13/18 09:05 AM
02/13/18 09:05 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
really beautiful coat on that Red!

Re: Caught the dumbs ones. . . [Re: bfisch] #6157069
02/13/18 10:44 PM
02/13/18 10:44 PM
Louisiana
T
TigerLand Offline
trapper
TigerLand  Offline
trapper
T

Louisiana
Beautiful!! Snares are the way to go. You'll catch the older, more reluctant critters and the dumb ones.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91