No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Laser for CC LCP...other compacts #6133148
01/21/18 03:05 PM
01/21/18 03:05 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline OP
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline OP
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
Hey all, slow day here. Just researching on the webb lots of things. Looking at putting a laser on a couple of my CC handguns. I carry a Ruger LCP .380 in a sneaky pete holster. Have a big DELL medallion on the flap (center) along with a windows 7 logo smaller medallion and an intel inside sticker in the lower corners. Most think it's a tablet or something likewise inside. Question is does anyone have lasers on their handguns and what kind. Crimson trace makes a defender series that has a manual on/off push switch along with their other model with a pressure switch. Also looking at a Viridian model that has a magnet to shut off the laser when holstered, always on and ready when you draw. Any comments. Reason for a laser is my eyes are blurry on the sites when shooting. See farther away just super fine. I don't wear glasses, just for reading. Any comments?? Also carry a S&W in a mp shield 9mm and looking at a Sig Sauer compact model in a 9mm also for CC.

Last edited by NebrCatMan; 01/21/18 03:06 PM.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: Laser for CC LCP...other compacts [Re: NebrCatMan] #6133160
01/21/18 03:23 PM
01/21/18 03:23 PM
North Idaho Panhandle
E
elktrack Offline
trapper
elktrack  Offline
trapper
E

North Idaho Panhandle
Batteries die and lasers get weak. Not good in sunlight or brightly lit areas. They're fun and good for target applications but I don't think they're a good idea as the primary sighting system on your cc weapon. As a backup, maybe ok. They tend to teach you bad habits rather than focusing on fundamentals. I have a j frame with factory laser that I carry occasionally. You'll see that the laser isn't necessary for up close weapon deployment in a shtf situation. I'm sure you'll hear from folks saying that they are the best thing ever but I think they are unnecessary for a cc setup. Just my opinion. I do think that it may deter someone in the dark when they see a laser on the end of their nose.

Re: Laser for CC LCP...other compacts [Re: NebrCatMan] #6133163
01/21/18 03:28 PM
01/21/18 03:28 PM
Metropolis Il.
S
story Offline
trapper
story  Offline
trapper
S

Metropolis Il.
I also carry the ruger 380 lcp. Installed crimson trace laser and love it. Carry mine in front pocket in holster. when you grip it there is a button that your finger touch and it comes on. Had it for about 6 years and no problems. I also had trouble seeing the sights so put a touch of silver paint on them to show up better. Good luck on your search.

Re: Laser for CC LCP...other compacts [Re: elktrack] #6133933
01/22/18 12:58 AM
01/22/18 12:58 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted By: elktrack
Batteries die and lasers get weak. Not good in sunlight or brightly lit areas. They're fun and good for target applications but I don't think they're a good idea as the primary sighting system on your cc weapon. As a backup, maybe ok. They tend to teach you bad habits rather than focusing on fundamentals. I have a j frame with factory laser that I carry occasionally. You'll see that the laser isn't necessary for up close weapon deployment in a shtf situation. I'm sure you'll hear from folks saying that they are the best thing ever but I think they are unnecessary for a cc setup. Just my opinion. I do think that it may deter someone in the dark when they see a laser on the end of their nose.

^^^^^^ THIS

A laser will never fail except when you are using it. Just one more gimmick to malfunction or turn on when time is of the essence. Learn to use your front sight. It will always be there when you need it.

Mean As Nails
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread