ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. #5809537
02/11/17 09:59 AM
02/11/17 09:59 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline OP
trapper
TDHP  Offline OP
trapper

Mass
Encounters have you had at your clients house? Damage, forget to remive a safety etc. If you haven't had any...👍

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5810177
02/11/17 07:58 PM
02/11/17 07:58 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Had a ladder kick out and woke up with the EMTs over me. That was a bad day.

Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5810821
02/12/17 10:36 AM
02/12/17 10:36 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
I had a 120 go off on my hand, in front of the customer.

She was very understanding and worked the spring setters well.

Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5810852
02/12/17 11:03 AM
02/12/17 11:03 AM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
Years ago....while carefully walking on 2 X 4 joists in a crawl space/attic I heard a loud commotion downstairs. All of the plaster ceiling had separated from the lathe, dropping it onto the living room floor. What a mess. Insurance covered it, and I tried to not charge her for the inconvenience, but she insisted on paying me anyway. I had made a dozen trips up there before this, and had just screened the gable vents from the inside and was done on my way out. LOL

Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5811731
02/12/17 10:11 PM
02/12/17 10:11 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Ladder kicked out and the ladder went through the window below me and I was hanging over inside thinking OH ^%$% she ran into the room looked and said are you alright? I said yeah. She said good, next time you can come in the door LOL that had to be 25 years ago LOL

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5811963
02/13/17 12:12 AM
02/13/17 12:12 AM
Northern Minnesota
W
webfootwhacker Offline
trapper
webfootwhacker  Offline
trapper
W

Northern Minnesota
Finished checking roof vents earlier this winter - last part of this inspection. Was walking back to the ladder, stumbled and heard a "crinkle". Broken skylight. Snow was drifted over it and I had no idea it was there. "Conveniently" this happened only 40 miles from home and it was a balmy -16 degrees.

Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5812261
02/13/17 12:32 PM
02/13/17 12:32 PM
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau Offline
trapper
Brian Mongeau  Offline
trapper

Killingly, CT
Walking in an attic, feeling for studs under insulation. My friend was in room down below and yelled, "I don't know what your doing, but STOP". I froze. he said the light was swinging like crazy. I slowly stepped back and felt my toe give a bit. The 'studs' I was feeling was nothing more than firring strips. I didn't go through luckily, but gave the sheetrock a spider web. Customer said no problem, he'll fix it.

Ladder on a deck kicked out while my brother was on it. Luckily it wasn't extended at all, but he came crashing down. Busted out a couple spindles on the railing, he tweaked his knee and got a fat lip. I had just had shoulder surgery a week before, that's why I wasn't on it.

Just a few weeks ago, a very unusual situation where I had to make a hole in wall into crawlspace, I used my sawzall and cut through an electrical wire. No profit on that one.

Had a couple ladders blow over while I was on the roof.

Not bad for 19 yrs in business.

Last edited by Brian Mongeau; 02/13/17 12:33 PM.
Re: What kind of oop's...oh s#$!. [Re: TDHP] #5818587
02/18/17 07:58 PM
02/18/17 07:58 PM
Cumbria England
C
coney catcher Offline
trapper
coney catcher  Offline
trapper
C

Cumbria England
Last summer one red hot day i was on a wasp job on a really old farmhouse with a slate roof, i had the full bee suite on, i climbed out of the ladder which was on cast iron gutter and not tyed, climbed up the lead valley and treat the nest entrance the nest was a really busy one and the wasps went nuts,thousands of them were after me, no problem i was suited up, i crawled down to the ladder and as soon as i tried to get back on it it slipped like a eel on the cast iron and i could (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) get back into it, by now i am sweating like mad with the heat but could not take the suit off as i was covered in wasps, there was no one in at the house and the mobile phone was on the van seat, after 2 hrs of sitting and sweating my nuts off i managed to get down on the other side of the house by lowering myself down onto a lower roof about 12ft down and then lower myself down from that one.
Somedays can be really exciting, just another day at the office.

A mans heart hardens and grows cold when away from nature
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread