Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
H & R Victor #5447972
03/06/16 03:14 PM
03/06/16 03:14 PM
Shelby, Ohio
W
Waz Offline OP
trapper
Waz  Offline OP
trapper
W

Shelby, Ohio
Gentlemen & Wiss Miss too, I enjoy reading about all of the collector traps and all the information that follows, your knowledge that you share is priceless. While I only tinker compared to a few of you, I try to keep my eyes open for opportunities. To give an example, recently an extended family member was scrapping out some items from her recently deceased husbands estate(items taking up space in the barn). Within the pile of items was a Jacobsen Turbo Cut mower that was headed to the scrap yard. I pulled it out and got it into a collectors hands that wanted it.

With that being said, does anyone know if the H & R .22 pistol marked Victor has any meaning towards the trapping world when it was produced?

Thanks in advance
Waz

Re: H & R Victor [Re: Waz] #5448131
03/06/16 05:38 PM
03/06/16 05:38 PM
Candor NY
B
Bruce1 Offline
trapper
Bruce1  Offline
trapper
B

Candor NY
I think that H & R did make a trapper model 22 revolver

Re: H & R Victor [Re: Waz] #5448201
03/06/16 06:43 PM
03/06/16 06:43 PM
NC (piedmont)
P
paul c Offline
trapper
paul c  Offline
trapper
P

NC (piedmont)
hi Waz,H&R made a trappers edition...it was produced from the mid 20s to early 40s.i have one that was handed down from my grandfather and is truly a nice and very accurate piece.mine has a 6 in. octagon barrel.every once in a while you can find one on gunbroker.com. my dad told me grandmother bought this for grandpop for Christmas and the price tag was $13.not now,a rough one starts around $300. paul

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector