General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cutco Cutlery?? [Re: ] #525678
01/18/08 03:58 PM
01/18/08 03:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

My daughter sold them for awhile. Got one in the fur shed. It doesn't hold an edge any better than the two dollar reground used packing house knives I use. The handle is prettier if that appeals to you. The handle does get slick when its bloody and the reground packing house knives don't. As for sending it back to be sharpened I really don't want to wait three weeks every time my knife gets dull. I keep mine at hairshaving stage. Hate a dull knife. 2-3 coons and everyone I ever owned needs a few licks on the steel. Faster for me to just touch one up than take my time and not get the edge into teeth bone or cut front legs off pelt with two passes etc.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Cutco Cutlery?? [Re: danny clifton] #525684
01/18/08 04:04 PM
01/18/08 04:04 PM

H
Hupurest
Unregistered
Hupurest
Unregistered
H

Originally Posted By: danny clifton

As for sending it back to be sharpened I really don't want to wait three weeks every time my knife gets dull.

i send mine from alaska and get it back in 5 days.

Re: Cutco Cutlery?? [Re: ] #525733
01/18/08 04:41 PM
01/18/08 04:41 PM
Utah
Trapper Luke Offline
trapper
Trapper Luke  Offline
trapper

Utah
I actually got a cousin that is a salesman for them and he came here last weekend and showed us some of the knives all i can say is WOW! He showed me the shears that cutco have and said that they could cut through a penny and i wa like ok i gotta see this but sure enough it cut right through it like a pair of metal shears would. what else impressed me was the paring knife he did a little show with leather so i got one of my moms vitornix knives which i thought were really sharp so i cut through the leather with a back and forth movement took 3 or 4 passes. Then he got the cutco knife and said ok all i want you to do if push down on the leather. That knife cut through that leather like a hot knife would through butter! anyways ended up buying a set from them i personally think that cutco has very nice high quality knives

If you dont stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them
Re: Cutco Cutlery?? [Re: Trapper Luke] #525815
01/18/08 05:19 PM
01/18/08 05:19 PM
Oregon
TasteLikeChicken Offline
trapper
TasteLikeChicken  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Humpurest...give a German made Puma a try. I did 2 entire buffalos, 2 deer and also about 40 beavers on mine with no blade touch up. Still cuts paper like a razor. Best of all...I can touch it up in a couple minutes max when I need to. I prefer stag handles to plastic. IME I can keep a much better grip on them when they get greasy...far superior to plastic.

Yes..the ones I use cost retail around 200+ bucks...but that's not what I paid...LOL. I have a wholesale license and got the distributor price. The markups on ALL knives is unreal. If you shop around and watch for a deal...you should be able to cut that in half easily and 75% if you are real lucky. If you hunt the pawn shops....you can do even better.

Sack Punch Beaver Lure
http://www.tlclures.co.nr/
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91