ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Stan Thain / Bare Hunter #5145219
08/02/15 03:18 PM
08/02/15 03:18 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline OP
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline OP
trapper

New York
I can hardly hold back tears as the reality sets in that Bare Hunter, Stan Thain of Atlanta will no longer be posting. We heard of his passing yesterday at 10:30 a.m. while as the National Tappers Convention. We considered Stan a friend from corresponding in emails and regularly on the phone. He had a long battle with brain cancer and beat the odds for some time, continuing with his nuisance trapping until a short time ago. Judy and I hoped to meet him in February in Myrtle Beach at the NWCOA convention, but he was not well enough to make the trip. As an engineer he was of sound mind, logical, pragmatic, keeping his faith through it all. Stan was the one who dared set short double door cage traps for armadillos in drift fences, proving that it could be done with regularity after catching 10 in a row without an issue, even catching some on trail cams.

His passing is truly a loss to us all and he will be missed. Living in the present is what each day is, a gift.

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter [Re: Jim Comstock] #5145258
08/02/15 03:52 PM
08/02/15 03:52 PM
ga
C
Cole S Offline
trapper
Cole S  Offline
trapper
C

ga
I read that on his Facebook page yesterday too. He was such a help to me! I wouldn't have passed the exam to become a licensed ADC trapper if it wasn't for him. He answered so many of my questions, helped me study for the exam, and gave me lots of very helpful advise. You will be missed buddy.

Rest In Peace Stan.

Last edited by Cole S; 08/02/15 03:52 PM.
Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter [Re: Cole S] #5145338
08/02/15 05:09 PM
08/02/15 05:09 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
I am sure sorry to hear about the passing of Stan (Barehunter). My condolences go out to all of his survivors, friends and acquaintances. Similar to Jim C.,I have had many discussions with him through posts, PM, phone calls and email.

His last post was on 5 July 2015 http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5040831/Re:_woodpecker#Post5040831 click on his user name then“VIEW POSTS” to read his postings.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter [Re: Jim Comstock] #5145362
08/02/15 05:29 PM
08/02/15 05:29 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
He was truly an inspiration to my life,
the faith that man had was undoubtedly amazing. Never got a chance
To chat about adc work but more importantly I was able to
Talk about faith hope and the grace of God!
Rest in peace Stan!

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter [Re: Jim Comstock] #5145870
08/02/15 11:47 PM
08/02/15 11:47 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Stan's obituary is posted on the funeral home's website at the link below. The relationships that he built on these forums meant so much to him and he counted all of you as dear friends.

http://www.mowellfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1636455

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread