Home

Stan Thain / Bare Hunter

Posted By: Jim Comstock

Stan Thain / Bare Hunter - 08/02/15 07:18 PM

I can hardly hold back tears as the reality sets in that Bare Hunter, Stan Thain of Atlanta will no longer be posting. We heard of his passing yesterday at 10:30 a.m. while as the National Tappers Convention. We considered Stan a friend from corresponding in emails and regularly on the phone. He had a long battle with brain cancer and beat the odds for some time, continuing with his nuisance trapping until a short time ago. Judy and I hoped to meet him in February in Myrtle Beach at the NWCOA convention, but he was not well enough to make the trip. As an engineer he was of sound mind, logical, pragmatic, keeping his faith through it all. Stan was the one who dared set short double door cage traps for armadillos in drift fences, proving that it could be done with regularity after catching 10 in a row without an issue, even catching some on trail cams.

His passing is truly a loss to us all and he will be missed. Living in the present is what each day is, a gift.
Posted By: Cole S

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter - 08/02/15 07:52 PM

I read that on his Facebook page yesterday too. He was such a help to me! I wouldn't have passed the exam to become a licensed ADC trapper if it wasn't for him. He answered so many of my questions, helped me study for the exam, and gave me lots of very helpful advise. You will be missed buddy.

Rest In Peace Stan.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter - 08/02/15 09:09 PM

I am sure sorry to hear about the passing of Stan (Barehunter). My condolences go out to all of his survivors, friends and acquaintances. Similar to Jim C.,I have had many discussions with him through posts, PM, phone calls and email.

His last post was on 5 July 2015 http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5040831/Re:_woodpecker#Post5040831 click on his user name then“VIEW POSTS” to read his postings.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter - 08/02/15 09:29 PM

He was truly an inspiration to my life,
the faith that man had was undoubtedly amazing. Never got a chance
To chat about adc work but more importantly I was able to
Talk about faith hope and the grace of God!
Rest in peace Stan!
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: Stan Thain / Bare Hunter - 08/03/15 03:47 AM

Stan's obituary is posted on the funeral home's website at the link below. The relationships that he built on these forums meant so much to him and he counted all of you as dear friends.

http://www.mowellfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1636455
© 2024 Trapperman Forums