ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... #4512102
06/09/14 06:50 PM
06/09/14 06:50 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Some of us old guys have been having fun with animals for fifty or sixty years and there are times when we seem like we know it all. Truth is, what we don't know and have yet to learn, would easily fill the library of Congress.

Think about it. All that knowledge yet to be learned and it is all up to you guys to take advantage of it.

P.S. That might be why I stress a college education. If you're used to learning, it comes a lot easier!

Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4512424
06/09/14 09:24 PM
06/09/14 09:24 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Every day has something new. And when we stop looking at it that way, that is when we stop learning.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4519485
06/14/14 12:18 AM
06/14/14 12:18 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I really know about wildlife. Its gotten to the point that I don't instantly disregard outlandish tales of wildlife behavior. You never know.

Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4519644
06/14/14 07:27 AM
06/14/14 07:27 AM
Virginia
Jaxjaguarss Offline
trapper
Jaxjaguarss  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Some of us old guys have been having fun with animals for fifty or sixty years and there are times when we seem like we know it all. Truth is, what we don't know and have yet to learn, would easily fill the library of Congress.

Think about it. All that knowledge yet to be learned and it is all up to you guys to take advantage of it.

P.S. That might be why I stress a college education. If you're used to learning, it comes a lot easier!

Paul:

I've always told our customers that "when it comes to animal the only certainty is their uncertainty and unpredictability."

--Eddie

Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services, LLC
Richmond, VA
www.virginiaprofessionalwildliferemovalservices.com
Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4519675
06/14/14 08:05 AM
06/14/14 08:05 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
"Never say never" is the phrase I use.

[Linked Image]
Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4519728
06/14/14 09:07 AM
06/14/14 09:07 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Guess we are all on the same page. There are so many firsts, new stories and things never heard of before, continuously, so much to learn you can't ever learn it all, a very small percentage at best, but that's what makes it interesting. Just never know what the job will bring. Like to ask a lot of questions of the people with animal issues as they will often tell you everything you need to know to solve the problem, how many there are, where they live, how big they are, what time they see them etc. Makes things go a little easier many times.

Re: You New Guys Aren't Going to Believe This But... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4519977
06/14/14 02:10 PM
06/14/14 02:10 PM
Maine
huntinjunkie Offline
trapper
huntinjunkie  Offline
trapper

Maine
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

I look back at what I learned just in the last year and am amazed and satisfied! Can't wait for the next twenty!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread