ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! #4451674
04/28/14 01:16 PM
04/28/14 01:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Started my cat job this morning. Nabbed two off the bat and as required by law I took them the the county animal control authority in the county where caught, in this case fulton. Again as required by law I was truthful in filling out the official surrender documents.
I was then informed by the contract management of the animal control that the cats would be returned to the property where caught after being neutered. I nearly went ballistic!
It seems this new management, lifeline, has the official policy of TNR and releasing on site. I was quick to inform them that at least two laws would be broken doing so, willful abandonment and releasing onto a property of another without written permission. They just acted stupid but did concede that they would euthanize if and only if it was put into writing by myself AND my client.

Aside from the pure stupidity and proven failure of TNR this policy effectively puts the stop to service professionals like myself.

[Linked Image]
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4451679
04/28/14 01:22 PM
04/28/14 01:22 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
For those operating in Fulton County this is the new address where we catch our ferals.

206 Washington St SW, Atlanta, GA 30334

[Linked Image]
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4451725
04/28/14 02:04 PM
04/28/14 02:04 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Unbelievable!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4451877
04/28/14 04:44 PM
04/28/14 04:44 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
This certainly puts your "Robb" post into perspective. I truly sympathize with all of you that have to put up with governmental stupidity.

As liberal as our state is, they get an A+ for wildlife management. The property owner has complete say in what happens on his own property and consequently, when he hires me, so do I.

I would truly love to say more on the subject but the fact that anyone in the world can read what I say, prohibits me from saying any more. ( I thought I would add a touch of "Foreign Intrigue" to the whole thing. )

P.S. And if you think I'm kidding about the "whole world", ask anyone.

Last edited by Paul Winkelmann; 04/28/14 04:45 PM.
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4451888
04/28/14 04:59 PM
04/28/14 04:59 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
I would truly love to say more on the subject

I'll say more..... I could be pretty good at "giving them a shot" and turning them loose. shocked

Ron Scheller

Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4452730
04/29/14 07:19 AM
04/29/14 07:19 AM
alabama
H
hoho Offline
trapper
hoho  Offline
trapper
H

alabama
If I was getting paid by the head , I wouldn't complain!!

Hohos quality predator baits
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4453392
04/29/14 03:55 PM
04/29/14 03:55 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
A follow up today has yielded more info. The lady in charge of lifeline animal project is fully aware of the exact legalities involved, both state code and county ordnance. She is in violation of both but is on record as saying she will continue until forced to do otherwise. She also manages The shelter side of animal control in Dekalb county as well as being in charge both sides of Fulton County, law enforcement and shelter. BTW having her in charge of animal control law enforcement should scare the bejeesus out of any of us.
A little more looking found that her staff at Fulton is convinced that some sort of special dispensation exists declaring the entire county cat free range called catlanta.

From this I believe I can make the case for raising charges to the felony level with solicitation to commit and conspiracy to in addition to the will abandonment and criminal trespass.

I'm not going to let this drop and have been on the phone today looking for anyone who will file the appropriate charges.

[Linked Image]
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4453419
04/29/14 04:18 PM
04/29/14 04:18 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
This is one of the many reasons I so dislike Georgia. Here the county's have home rule and can promulgate their own ordinances. Back home in Bama state law and the Constitution of 1901 rules, no grey areas or hodge podge of local rules and certainly no false ideas of doing as you please.

[Linked Image]
Re: Y'all ain't gonna believe this scat! [Re: warrior] #4453470
04/29/14 04:52 PM
04/29/14 04:52 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
David, I am well aware of "special" ordinances that counties, towns, and cities have made. Funny thing is, if the violator hires himself an attorney, the violation seems to magically disappear.

A fine example is a town just north of me. They have decided to put up "No Trapping" signs around their entire town. I have never bothered to challenge that ordinance, because a couple of my customers in that town are extremely wealthy and sportsmen. Need I say more?

By the way, I'm not sure about anything in the governmental/legal department, but it seems to me that whenever I have read about a case going to court, the state laws always win.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread