ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4275161
01/28/14 01:21 PM
01/28/14 01:21 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Cody,

That is not WS trying to make a rule change that leaves out our industry, that is simply them getting a waiver for the use of those firearms for the work they are doing under that agencies laws and rules.

Any NWCO doing work in the same state with a permit, could indeed ask for the same exemption. I have seen plenty of local, state and regional occurrences where folks I know got waivers to use firearms of various types within areas otherwise unlawful to the rest of society.

Do you expect that WS should have asked for anyone calling themselves a nuisance wildlife control operator to be included in the exemption or allowance?

How would this work, if you have a permit, or do you just need a shingle saying you are a professional wildlife control operator?

There are folks doing suburban urban deer work that are nwcos and I'll bet they had to get their own piece of paper based on their own personal credentials.

This is the agency asking for a statewide waiver for this firearm type and use for their personnel which fall under their policies, rules and laws.

Justin

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4275177
01/28/14 01:28 PM
01/28/14 01:28 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Want to be sure the way I state this analogy works for folks.

If I Justin Stevenson go and get a permit to use a rifle in an area I would otherwise be prohibited to, and I show my credentials whatever they may be
for being professionally able to do so, should I be applying for one for all NWCO's in my industry in my area?

I don't think so.... Could anyone apply for a similar waiver? Yes they could and it would be within the jurisdiction of the governing body to decide if
they qualify to have it.

Just wanted to be sure that example was clear.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4276596
01/28/14 10:49 PM
01/28/14 10:49 PM
AL
wildlifeus Offline OP
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline OP
trapper

AL
This is a rule change not a permit. Your scenario doesn't apply.

Tim and Robb you were an inspiration. Thank you for your dedication to the industry.
Working everyday to reduce the size of the federal government.
Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4277288
01/29/14 11:26 AM
01/29/14 11:26 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
It is still a similar scenario and ultimately looks like US Fish and Wildlife Service need to go on your list to strike too since they co-supported the action
of the request.

I was hoping you might tell readers what you interest is in relation to you and your business model? I thought I'd made a mistake the other day and you were another Cody, as I thought you lived in NY, but see your profile shows AL which is confusing, but maybe you moved.

Is your axe to grind started by a bad boss you had when you worked for WS or that you want the fed competition out of the lucrative airport hazard work you do?

Not saying your wrong either way, just wondering where your drive seems to come from on this?

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4278794
01/29/14 10:19 PM
01/29/14 10:19 PM
Texas
L
Longuner Offline
trapper
Longuner  Offline
trapper
L

Texas
As a permitee and some one who gives assistance to private citizens when seeking a Migratory Bird Depredation Permit, The above section that WildlifeUS posted apears to be a section of the MBP which outlines which methods or tools can be used in accordance to the depredation permit. This is something I help with on a regular basis when completing a Form 37. If this is believed to be an exemption only available to WS and its employees, this is just not true. Any one applying for a Depredation permit can ask to be allowed to use a specific tool if desired, the US Fish and Wildlife Services Permitting department then desides to issue a permit with those requested provisions or rejects them and adds their own set of previsions. THIS IS AVAILABLE TO ALL WHO APPLY!!!

Last edited by Longuner; 01/29/14 10:21 PM.
Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4279152
01/30/14 12:40 AM
01/30/14 12:40 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We have a professional deer removal service come to our city and shoot silenced weapons in non-discharge of firearms areas. Would their permits come from the Feds, the State, or just locally?

Don't get the wrong idea. I have no fight with them at all. For what they charge, I don't know how they make much profit. The only thing I envy is their top of the line equipment.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4280570
01/30/14 08:19 PM
01/30/14 08:19 PM
Texas
L
Longuner Offline
trapper
Longuner  Offline
trapper
L

Texas
The cities would grant exemptions for discharging firearms if operationg inside city limits, the harvest permits would come from state game agencies.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: Longuner] #4280705
01/30/14 09:07 PM
01/30/14 09:07 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: Longuner
The cities would grant exemptions for discharging firearms if operationg inside city limits, the harvest permits would come from state game agencies.

Many cities require WS to apply for exemption permits for discharging firearms, and removal of deer will require permits from state game departments.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4280954
01/30/14 10:31 PM
01/30/14 10:31 PM
Texas
L
Longuner Offline
trapper
Longuner  Offline
trapper
L

Texas
I have never applied for exemptions, they must do things differently in your country.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: Longuner] #4282342
01/31/14 04:48 PM
01/31/14 04:48 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: Longuner
I have never applied for exemptions, they must do things differently in your country.

It is a city thing in Virginia. No problems in rural counties.

Re: Wildlife Services In The News [Re: wildlifeus] #4282375
01/31/14 05:15 PM
01/31/14 05:15 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Interesting; now I'll have to ask the chief of police how it works in our city. No problem, he goes to our church and my daughter went to school with his wife. ( Wait a minute; how old am I? )

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread