ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Advertising... #4279792
01/30/14 12:34 PM
01/30/14 12:34 PM
Conley, Ga.
Shaun Pruitt Offline OP
trapper
Shaun Pruitt  Offline OP
trapper

Conley, Ga.
Ive listened to all the podcasts I can find religiously,and will listen to them many times more. I have signed up on every free advertising sources I have heard of as well as started a facebook group etc. I am really focusing on trying to increasse my likes on facebook and hits on my website. Any tips? I would appreciate anyone hear liking my page and check out my site as well and give any tips you may have, ALL tips are appreciated!

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4279820
01/30/14 12:54 PM
01/30/14 12:54 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
You can pay to advertise on facebook and you will get lots of new fans, but they might be from all over the map unless you target carefully, it is essentially pay per click style and I've found it more expensive than it is worth, though we have some diehard folks now that follow us that I grabbed doing that our first month or two.

Buy the book guerilla marketing, lots of great advice in there to add to what you've learned from podcasts and others. Also tons and tons of books on online marketing in your local barnes and nobles and the folks there don't care if you sit and read them on site, so a cheap option! If don't read that fast myself so never benefitted me! smile

Justin

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4279906
01/30/14 01:40 PM
01/30/14 01:40 PM
Conley, Ga.
Shaun Pruitt Offline OP
trapper
Shaun Pruitt  Offline OP
trapper

Conley, Ga.
Thanks Justin, I appreciate that, I have thought about the pay per click options but I wasn't sure if it would pay off. I have been making sure to like other companies pages in hopes of getting return likes and hopefully hits on the site. I will look into the gorilla marketing book as well, I appreciate that.

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4279921
01/30/14 01:46 PM
01/30/14 01:46 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Google pay per click for general business advertising is worth learning and using, you dictate your budget, the area you want to market in (ie. you can put a 20 or 50 or whatever mile radius around your best area of operation so adds only run there).

Has been a good faithful friend to me and though doesn't always pay off, I've had clicks as low as .25 cents that were $4K jobs ultimately. Food for thought!

smile

Google and Bing (microsoft adcenter) both have these options, I like Google more, but bing is put on lots of computers that the older generation use and many don't modify their search engine to google, so bing can pay off.

Good luck!

Justin

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4280289
01/30/14 06:11 PM
01/30/14 06:11 PM
Conley, Ga.
Shaun Pruitt Offline OP
trapper
Shaun Pruitt  Offline OP
trapper

Conley, Ga.
I will look into that was well Justin, I appreciate that. Im not against pay per click at all just need to look into more info on how it exactly works. I will look into Google and Facebook Pay Per Click.

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4320958
02/17/14 08:38 PM
02/17/14 08:38 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Yesterday my son P.J. did another one of our favorite advertisements. The reason it's our favorite is because it's free. They call it Fox News. I think Fox News must be on at least 12 hours a day. We got calls from all over our viewing area and even one from friends in Arizona that saw it.

I loved the old lady that had the house with the raccoons in it. First she told Fox News that our bait didn't work and that the only thing that worked were the apples that she threw in the cage. Then she told them that we were trying to catch her raccoons for nearly a month. ( It was actually 8 days of really cold weather )

It was a good telecast and besides the two raccoons in the lady's attic, P.J. had four more in the truck.

Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4322215
02/18/14 12:13 PM
02/18/14 12:13 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
If the customer told Faux News that she had raccoons in her attic, it was probably reported as "young man has rabbits getting into garbage."

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Advertising... [Re: Shaun Pruitt] #4322815
02/18/14 05:28 PM
02/18/14 05:28 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dave, what I thought was kind of amazing is that in 24 hours he was on the news a total of ten times. I have been on NBC, ABC, CBS, besides Fox and he got three times more air time than I did on all four channels put together.

He was competing against a dude who tasered a guy and stole a 5 million dollar Stradavarius violin. The guy who paid him to steal it is the Milwaukee mayor's barber. If most of our media wasn't so liberal, they could have a field day with this one. I can no longer listen to talk shows. I get so mad that I tend to sideswipe every car with an Obama sticker.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread