ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mission of US Wildlife Services questioned [Re: NCbatman] #4259763
01/21/14 05:52 PM
01/21/14 05:52 PM
Texas
L
Longuner Offline
trapper
Longuner  Offline
trapper
L

Texas
Sorry you feel that way! Have a great day!

Re: Mission of US Wildlife Services questioned [Re: Longuner] #4259828
01/21/14 06:18 PM
01/21/14 06:18 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
bad karma Offline
trapper
bad karma  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Longuner
you get to trap and oh yes no selling the fur!

Lots of them trap up here in Md. and they are certainly allowed to sell fur with no restrictions.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Re: Mission of US Wildlife Services questioned [Re: NCbatman] #4259935
01/21/14 07:08 PM
01/21/14 07:08 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I'm guessing that probably has too do with state laws? In Wisconsin we can sell any furs legally caught even if you are in the wildlife removal business. But, there are a lot of states where that practice is illegal.

Re: Mission of US Wildlife Services questioned [Re: NCbatman] #4259962
01/21/14 07:23 PM
01/21/14 07:23 PM
bad karma Offline
trapper
bad karma  Offline
trapper

Nothing to do with state laws. USDA trappers can sell or not sell fur at the discretion of the state director they work under.

I will add this: I do not have a problem with the general run of USDA here. The state director is a great guy and has testified alongside us in our state legislature pro-fur trapping.
My problem is with the nitwit Nutria Eradication program. Should be re-named the otter and muskrat eradication program wherever they operate. These species just seem to magically disappear. I think there are 20 of those guys operating here on the Shore and lead by a former Defenders of Wildlife employee.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread