ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
What do I do to start getting jobs, #4225503
01/06/14 11:31 AM
01/06/14 11:31 AM
Greenwich ny
B
Benjaminturtle Offline OP
trapper
Benjaminturtle  Offline OP
trapper
B

Greenwich ny
...hey I'm Ben,and I'm waiting on my newco lisence,I passed the test,paid the fee...now im racking my brain trying to figure out how to advertise so I can get jobs. How do I price jobs,how do I find em,and what's the best way to get my name out there??? Any and every thing helpfully that can be sent my way would be awesome!!! And should I target certain jobs first till I get experience and funds coming in??? Thanks for everything...

I'd much rather be fishing...
Re: What do I do to start getting jobs, [Re: Benjaminturtle] #4225689
01/06/14 01:04 PM
01/06/14 01:04 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Read back a few pages. Lots of that kind of info has alredy been talked about. Would have to write a book to answer all your questions.

Re: What do I do to start getting jobs, [Re: Benjaminturtle] #4226295
01/06/14 04:55 PM
01/06/14 04:55 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Jim is right there is lots of info on here and it would take a ton to pack it into a post. Try the search function.

I did send you a pm as well with at least one solid tip that has helped me as a small startup operator.

Best of luck,

You will find tons of info here if you are willing to spill over the pages and search a bit.

If you have time and ability and cash you might consider traveling to New Orleans for the wildlife expo or catching a state program that I know are given in your area by your state association, check with Albert Burns about upcoming meetings, etc...

Justin

Re: What do I do to start getting jobs, [Re: Benjaminturtle] #4226313
01/06/14 05:03 PM
01/06/14 05:03 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Hang a few of your business cards in every feed store, convenience store, grocery store, restaurant, etc, you can find.
Many have a cork board just for that.
I get more business from this 1 thing than all other sources put together.
Having a website built with all the right signals to send folks yer way when they look on the internet will also help.

Your equipment can also determine what jobs you could take.

Is your ladder 20 ft or 32 ft?
What size cages do you have and how many?

Click on the WCS banner at the top of this page and get 1 of their catalogs.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: What do I do to start getting jobs, [Re: Benjaminturtle] #4226464
01/06/14 05:56 PM
01/06/14 05:56 PM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
Start here:

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/17/1/Animal_Damage_Control_Archive

Read every single thread in this section. Bookmark the ones that seem most helpful because you will look for them again down the road.

Second go to the advanced search feature. Click ADC forum and do a search for anything that comes to mind and make sure you change the search date from newer than 1 week to newer than 3 years.

So for example if you did an ADC Forum search for "Equipment" and searched newer than 3 years you would get 8 pages of posts regarding equipment discussion.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread