ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Repellent Gel (what a mess!) #4041619
10/08/13 01:36 PM
10/08/13 01:36 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
H

NM
I need to post a few pics to make this a better post and will try to later in the week. Though I'm sure many
have seen the aftermath.

I just finished a new job over the weekend at an assisted living facility outdoor covered entrance. All the previous
attempts to dissuade birds (pigeons and sparrows) were through use of gel repellents. They have 5 lights that point up at the ceiling that were covered in this gel, all the nice wood beams and rafters all covered in it, tons of feathers, droppings, etc...

The lights were nearly 100% blocked by a film of nasty black goop that was more repellent than droppings. Since starting our
company I've seen this stain stucco ledges on beautiful buildings, leave roof tiles looking all black coated and just in general be a foul mess!

I know they are making more UV stable types that can be cleaned and can see why folks would try it, but man, what a mess!

Pest controller referrals are becoming more common for me since I don't do pest control, only wildlife so these folks don't see me as someone looking to take their pest contracts if they refer me to resolve a tough bird issue. Just wish they'd holler before the gel is on all the surfaces!

Is anyone using the UV stable types that don't turn to black mush with any success?

Re: Repellent Gel (what a mess!) [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4042692
10/09/13 12:07 AM
10/09/13 12:07 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We used to use the same stuff in our hair for that cool look when we were teenagers. It really worked too. It repelled all the girls perfectly. I never got a date until I quit using it.

Re: Repellent Gel (what a mess!) [Re: HD_Wildlife] #4044643
10/10/13 12:33 AM
10/10/13 12:33 AM
catskill mnts, New York
W
watermann2 Offline
trapper
watermann2  Offline
trapper
W

catskill mnts, New York
maybe you should try adding castor to the black mush and see what that does.

Aka Watermann...
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread