ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
NC sending out surveys. #3976306
08/31/13 11:46 PM
08/31/13 11:46 PM
North Carolina
N
NCbatman Offline OP
trapper
NCbatman  Offline OP
trapper
N

North Carolina
I heard from another Damage Control agent that some of his customers have received surveys recently from the NC Wildlife Commission. Some of the questions were.
How satisfied were you with the work?
How did you hear about this company?
Did you shop around before choosing this company?
Were the traps checked everyday?
Would you refer this company to a friend?
And various other questions.

I'm not too sure how to feel about this.
This can surely weed some guys doing crappy work. But also, what else are they going to solicit my customers with?
I'm guessing now EVERYBODY that I fill out a damage permit for from now on will be solicited by the NCWRC.

I feel that they should be more concerned with issues like carrying liability insurance, guys trapping without a ADC license, doing bat exclusion during black out and releasing animals that by law have to be euthanized.

Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3976566
09/01/13 08:38 AM
09/01/13 08:38 AM
Dudley NC
M
Muddawg Offline
trapper
Muddawg  Offline
trapper
M

Dudley NC
Yeah, I'm with you, Dude.

Nobody gets a questionnaire to fill out after getting a new water heater installed or getting a new AC unit. When's the last time the state wanted to know how happy you were with your new roof? Does the state care if you recommend your electrician to a friend?

But yet I've got competition here that's doing bat jobs in June and another one actively poisoning them! Then there is the city dog catcher who's catching coon from folks back yards and hauling them out of town and releasing them. I can't charge for coyote jobs because Numb Nuts down the road is doing it for free out of season and with no sign of damage. Home owners here will not call me for a permit because surely there are no laws against shooting critters out of season.

I'm getting pretty dang tired of having to follow all the rules but yet getting NO support, what-so-ever!

Muddawg
Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3976609
09/01/13 09:16 AM
09/01/13 09:16 AM
Dudley NC
M
Muddawg Offline
trapper
Muddawg  Offline
trapper
M

Dudley NC
Oh! And then what really burns me up is when you report a violation you get no response. We just don't have enough game wardens and the ones we have just don't know the same rules we are taught.

So what do you do?

Muddawg
Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3976666
09/01/13 09:51 AM
09/01/13 09:51 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Maybe you should get in touch with the NC Wildlife Commission and ask about it. Could be they're trying to crack down on the kind of behavior Muddawg is complaining about.

Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3976797
09/01/13 11:11 AM
09/01/13 11:11 AM
Western Montana
A
ADCofWMt Offline
trapper
ADCofWMt  Offline
trapper
A

Western Montana
On an ADC level I haven't had to deal with the Fish and Game. But on the fur trapper level they are more then happy to enforce the laws with you. But not against anyone else. A friend had a trap stolen a couple years ago because it was set "Illegally". Which basically means they found a set trap in the woods so it had to be set illegally. It was a #1 LS. They turned it into the Fish and Game.
Not only did the guy not even get told it was illegal to disturb the trap. They never bothered to call the owner to tell them they had it. It was tagged. He finely found out in a roundabout way and went down to pick it up.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it smart.
Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3977310
09/01/13 04:36 PM
09/01/13 04:36 PM
North Carolina
N
NCbatman Offline OP
trapper
NCbatman  Offline OP
trapper
N

North Carolina
If a guy is doing work without a licence or doing something he's not supposed to be doing... he would not write a permit...therefore the Wildlife Commission wouldn't have any one to send a survey to.
If someone had a complaint.. they would just call the wildlife commission. They don't need a survey sent to them to complain. Also..why is NCWRC concerned with HOW our customers heard about us? Why are they concerned whether or not the customer shopped around? What are they going to do with the info gathered?
Next, they will be trying to set our prices.

Re: NC sending out surveys. [Re: NCbatman] #3977397
09/01/13 05:15 PM
09/01/13 05:15 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Quote:
If a guy is doing work without a licence or doing something he's not supposed to be doing... he would not write a permit...therefore the Wildlife Commission wouldn't have any one to send a survey to.
If someone had a complaint.. they would just call the wildlife commission. They don't need a survey sent to them to complain.

Good point, but if you want to know....

"why is NCWRC concerned with HOW our customers heard about us?"

"Why are they concerned whether or not the customer shopped around?"

"What are they going to do with the info gathered?"

...asking them would be a good place to start.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread