ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Id Love to doin this full time but #3912411
07/27/13 09:18 PM
07/27/13 09:18 PM
ohio foothills
snare1 Offline OP
trapper
snare1  Offline OP
trapper

ohio foothills
Where I live in Rural Ohio all the Landowners want something done for nothing, they kill the coons with unorthodox means , ya want to help out but the gas to get to the job will break ya up, I am a certified nuisance trapper with only 1 landowner that appricates what you do ,I guess my question is how do you full timers find enough work?

Men are born with two eyes, but with one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say. OSTA UTK ,, Chicken Lil All Call lure.
Re: Id Love to doin this full time but [Re: snare1] #3912436
07/27/13 09:31 PM
07/27/13 09:31 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I guess my honest answer would be that I moved from the country back into the city. Rural landowners not only don't pay you, they expect you to pay them for allowing you to harvest such valuable animals.

Re: Id Love to doin this full time but [Re: snare1] #3912460
07/27/13 09:39 PM
07/27/13 09:39 PM
ohio foothills
snare1 Offline OP
trapper
snare1  Offline OP
trapper

ohio foothills
Yep, Itake a lot of coyotes off one or two farms and he pays for my OHIO permit and my gas and if the Coyotes don't have lice I sell pelts, I guess Im just whining cause ive got a passion for this ADC work and my 8 to 5 job sucks, thanks Paul I thought that may be the answer.

Men are born with two eyes, but with one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say. OSTA UTK ,, Chicken Lil All Call lure.
Re: Id Love to doin this full time but [Re: snare1] #3912699
07/27/13 11:51 PM
07/27/13 11:51 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Why do you think I'm in God forsaken Atlanta and not back home on my river in Alabama. Back home we eat our problem animals.

[Linked Image]
Re: Id Love to doin this full time but [Re: snare1] #3912871
07/28/13 07:27 AM
07/28/13 07:27 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
If you are serious about your lifes work you may have to travel for adequate work as we have had to do for many years. We couldnt make ends meet if we stayed only local to work. We work our surrounding 4 states and sometimes there are big jumps to the mid west and southern states for work to make a living full time.

Sometimes relocation to a more urban population hub is the answer or expect to travel more miles daily to get to the $$$ areas that folks need help and expect to pay and have no clue as to what to do to resolve a problem.

We have plenty of work opportunities however we have had to adjust to the travel and time spent on the road for the bigger jobs at times.We turn considerable work down each year as a result of only being able to do so much in a week. The impatient nature of folks wanting things done yesterday etc. we just get to them when we can or they can call someone else.

We turn down most all inner city small mammal work except bat and bird work now due to the time spent in traffic travel back and forth and the loss wage opportunities in other areas that are jobs in less high risk environments.

Keeping up with your certification and establishing each states regulations prior to taking work is some homework you must keep in order as well when moving as much as we do.Just a part of doing big business.

Re: Id Love to doin this full time but [Re: snare1] #3912943
07/28/13 08:44 AM
07/28/13 08:44 AM
ohio foothills
snare1 Offline OP
trapper
snare1  Offline OP
trapper

ohio foothills
Thanks guys this thread gave me a lil insight on how your daily lives go , probably at times you fellas would envy my piece of quite ,while your battling inner city traffic jams,I guess what I really want is to be running a predator line on a big hunting ranch or sheep ranch and those positions are and few and far between for now Im getting ready to go answer the call on taking out muskrats in a pond dam.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread