ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
working with skunks and state farm insurane #3882020
07/09/13 01:11 AM
07/09/13 01:11 AM
Tulsa ok
R
Richard w Offline OP
trapper
Richard w  Offline OP
trapper
R

Tulsa ok
I have a client that has pretty big skunk den under her slab foundation. The skunks burrowed under to her bathrooom and probably are denning under the tub.. removing the skunks is not the issue. It is getting odor out of the house And i think the smell is coming from under the tub. I asked her about insurance cover this. She called them and they said nope. I know other guys have done it...working with insurance.
Any advise on getting insurance to pay?
Is it possible to take out the tub A nd Clean/ Treat the DiRt undeRneith? Thanks for Any Advice
Richard

Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Richard w] #3882033
07/09/13 02:02 AM
07/09/13 02:02 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
have her go to the next level,,,,,,,

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Vinke] #3882045
07/09/13 03:27 AM
07/09/13 03:27 AM
North East Illinois
C
carlswildlife Offline
trapper
carlswildlife  Offline
trapper
C

North East Illinois
You might get lucky but the only animal I have ever had State Farm cover were raccoons.

Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Richard w] #3882086
07/09/13 07:14 AM
07/09/13 07:14 AM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

They have covered guano cleanups. Rent a hydroxyl generator.

Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Richard w] #3882529
07/09/13 02:48 PM
07/09/13 02:48 PM
Tulsa ok
R
Richard w Offline OP
trapper
Richard w  Offline OP
trapper
R

Tulsa ok
I wonder if heavy skunk odor in the house could be considered a health hazard.

Also, sorry for all the weird or incorrect spelling on the first post. I was thinking about it for a few hours while trying to go to sleep then I finally grabbed my phone to post the question and I didn't have my glasses. smile

Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Richard w] #3882808
07/09/13 06:05 PM
07/09/13 06:05 PM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
I see this time and time again. Don't get wrapped up with the insurance issue.

It isn't your responsibility and you'll probably end up loosing other jobs while trying to "help" her. You don't see dental or medical offices calling your health insurance company claiming that they need to cover procedures that the insurance company isn't going to cover so why do you want to?

Instead, they say insurance may or may not pay for the procedures but either way you are responsible for the full payment. If she really wants the job done, she will hire you and find the money to pay for your service. If she wants insurance to pay for it, she probably doesn't want the job done anyway.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: working with skunks and state farm insurane [Re: Richard w] #3883965
07/10/13 12:48 PM
07/10/13 12:48 PM
Tulsa ok
R
Richard w Offline OP
trapper
Richard w  Offline OP
trapper
R

Tulsa ok
Hey Eric,
Your points are very well taken and I appreciate you taking the time to share from your experience.
It is just one of those lessons that will be hard for me to learn because I know it is not my responsibility but it doesn't have to be my responsibility for me to still do what I think is the right thing which is help a person that doesn't have the knowledge or ability to do it for them selves. A 79 year old lady on social security needs all the help she can get and needs to be able to take advantage of any option that will help.
I can admit that sometimes I have a hard time keeping business just that but I have a soft spot for Seniors because I volunteer for organizations that help seniors like Meals on Wheels and other organizations that help protect seniors from financial and physical abuse. I have just seen to many bad things that have happened to seniors because somebody decided they could take advantage of them.
With all that said, your comments will always be in my mind when I come across similar situations and I am sure they will help me many more times in the future and I thank you for that.

Richard

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread