ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
new trailer #3859832
06/24/13 06:27 PM
06/24/13 06:27 PM
northeast MI
dew Offline OP
trapper
dew  Offline OP
trapper

northeast MI
I got a new trailer and would like to see others for Ideas for lettering it . thank you in Advance

Re: new trailer [Re: dew] #3860406
06/24/13 10:13 PM
06/24/13 10:13 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dew, looks exactly like ours. We use it a lot for clean-outs and I'm not real sure that the customers would be excited about advertising, so it still looks just like yours.

Re: new trailer [Re: dew] #3860673
06/25/13 12:24 AM
06/25/13 12:24 AM
northeast MI
dew Offline OP
trapper
dew  Offline OP
trapper

northeast MI
I really understand where youre coming from. But it can't be any worse than having your truck lettered would it . maybe I wrong .

Last edited by dew; 06/25/13 12:25 AM.
Re: new trailer [Re: dew] #3860741
06/25/13 02:49 AM
06/25/13 02:49 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I must go with Paul on this one and I'm the kinda loud guy . You would surely not wish to have that letter down here saying your doing toxic waist clean outs . For one lyibilty if the toxic cloud should happen accross the property line on to a doctors house whos brother is a lawyer .Two these clean outs are holding up closing on homes and this could just be the number one reason your there in the first place . I would say yes letter it but letter that your adding insulation . You live in the land of don't put your eggs in one basket very common place so the letter on truck won't always mean your removing bat crap . Your lettering can be coverd with a magnet sign or duct tape even . Like I said people are trying to sell there homes but buyers are now hiring inspectors and inspectors have learned to look for bat sign . It's bad enough it takes twice as long to close on house as it did just a few years ago . Seller goes threw 3 months of hoping it's sold to only have a inspector come in find few bat turds starts yelling histoplasmosis .
The home owner is like what the heck give me a brake here and doesnt wish to have any more people know about any possable more hold ups it's become war now on selling this house maybe just stay there even . .

Other then them reasons I would love to have that awesome trailer lettered up saying bat commander down the side and showing these zombie looking bats grabbing people's heads turning the world into the next zombie apocalypse . Have like a mid evel look going to it .

Nice simple letter saying so and so insulation company would act as camo to the noisy niegbor on looker . Not like people with driving down the rd see your letter oh thats right almost forgot need to clean my attic out . They might just go we should add a few inches save on are wood pellet bill .Government ever stops paying peoples heat bills for them they might worrie about stuff like that More so . Seen one state was cutting that out . Millions of acers of free wood to cut on national forest lands but why sweat when you can get free propane and electric .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: new trailer [Re: dew] #3860873
06/25/13 09:04 AM
06/25/13 09:04 AM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
My first question is does the trailer have a commercial license or a regular license? If you don't have a commercial license you may be in violation of state department of transportation laws should you put any type of lettering or logo on it.

The second question is how do you plan to use it? Is it going to be just a "general" construction style trailer, a dedicated cleanout / insultating trailer, or something else? Should you decide to label it and are concerned about clients getting a negative impact from it try to keep it as generic/basic as possible.

For instance, if it is going to be general use, I'd go with a copy of what's on your truck on both sides and the back door for advertising purposes. If you're really concerned with it, take off Wildlife Control and people with probably think that you are a portable dog grooming service.

If it is dedicated to a specific construction task such as attic cleanouts, I'd go with the logo (without wildlife control) but I'd also add to the right "Attic Remediation Services" or something generic along those lines with contact information underneath it.

If it will be dedicated to potential "hot" topic items such as portable gas chamber, carcass hauling, or something along these lines I'd leave it blank.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: new trailer [Re: dew] #3860908
06/25/13 09:34 AM
06/25/13 09:34 AM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

somewhere in the middle of MT
PLAIN! Your truck is lettered so when in tow your advertising. When parked on site you always want a low profile especially if it's left long term on site. Just wanted to add, I use my trailer for large cage trapping jobs where I need 12-20 cages my trailer becomes my on site storage so I really don't want anybody to know whats inside. The only ID on my trailer is the license plate " BIG SKYS".

Last edited by DAVE SALYS-CWCP; 06/25/13 01:17 PM. Reason: added
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread