ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
cougar paw pad fail - pic #3850729
06/18/13 09:18 PM
06/18/13 09:18 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
Working a coon job on Mon with a brand new pair of pads had been on 6-8 roofs minimum time on each one. Felt something weird thought I had stepped on a bad shingle got off the ladder and noticed that the rubber part that wears down had pealed loose from the Velcro. Just goes to show you to NEVER trust your equiment 100 % or with your life.

Adam Utterback
Re: cougar paw pad fail - pic [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3856073
06/22/13 02:11 PM
06/22/13 02:11 PM
Oxford, Michigan
A
Aaron Curtis Offline
trapper
Aaron Curtis  Offline
trapper
A

Oxford, Michigan
I also was warned about the Velcro actually rolling/peeling back at the front by your toes. The guy told me to check them each time to make sure the Velcro by your toes was good and strong because sometimes coming down a roof it can tuck and roll under and the rest is bad news. They are great boots though but your right you still have to be cautious with them.

Re: cougar paw pad fail - pic [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3857037
06/23/13 09:38 AM
06/23/13 09:38 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Good advice Adam. Any system can fail.