ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3774497
04/23/13 01:24 PM
04/23/13 01:24 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
Just my two cents. Simple paranoia combined with supply and demand. If a person buys 5x more ammo more often than he needs or consumes then it will take awhile for the supply to replenish itself. If everyone would slow down their purchase of ammo then perhaps the inventory would keep pace with demand. There is no conspiracy as some believe - just demand outpacing supply. However, I do believe that the price for any ammo that can be used in a hand gun or assault type rifle will remain high.

Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3774769
04/23/13 04:39 PM
04/23/13 04:39 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Muddawg, I think you are paranoid but you can probably take that as a compliment. If this ammo shortage is because of government purchases, bear in mind that this is from private industry. In other words, guys that make a living just like you and me. I firmly believe that the firearms/ammo industry has taken full advantage of the president's ethnicity and the mutual distrust, to make a fortune.

I have never wavered in my distrust of the president but I would be remiss if I didn't feel the same way about the gun/ammo industry. Their guys are working overtime ( X2 ) and the American public is paying X10! ( Don't get me wrong, you and I may have taken advantage of our customers the same way with rabies and other epidemics. That, in my opinion, doesn't make it right for anybody )

Thank God that from all of your posts, I think that the overwhelming majority of us are in this business for the love of it and that alone creates the profit! ( And, hey guys, disagreeing with me on any of my comments is neither a misdemeanor nor a felony. Truth is, that I learn ten times as much from someone who disagrees with me than from someone who doesn't.

Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3774992
04/23/13 07:18 PM
04/23/13 07:18 PM
southwest, VA
andyva Offline
trapper
andyva  Offline
trapper

southwest, VA
I've been stocking up on canning lids in anticipation of a pressure cooker ban in the wake of the Boston bombing. We would hate to get caught in a shortage what with all of the tomato plants we've got started. We have one of those high capacity canners that would probably be on the list, we would probably have to hide in the barn or something.

Canning is one of those activities that make people self sufficient, and it can't really be taxed, two huge black marks with the current administration, they were probably looking for a way to ban canning, anyway.

Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3776320
04/24/13 02:23 PM
04/24/13 02:23 PM
Kokomo, In.
The Kokomo Kid Offline
trapper
The Kokomo Kid  Offline
trapper

Kokomo, In.
CCI is still making ammo. I work part-time @ BassPro shops in SW florida. And yes, the ammo gos out as quickly as it comes in.

G. Barkley

US Army 90-98 13Bravo
VFW, NRA,
Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3776402
04/24/13 03:30 PM
04/24/13 03:30 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
I always have stocked up "hoarded" ammo and just about everything else, when it's on sale or marked down. I still have bricks of .22 Win Wildcats marked $6 ea, am using the last of my Alcan 12 ga 1 oz field loads marked $.79 a box/25, and the last of my "Blue light Special Coleman fuel, also $.79 a gal can. Sure do hope a $100 a brick .22's are not here to stay.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3776676
04/24/13 06:18 PM
04/24/13 06:18 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Andy, I remember as a boy, that my mother would "can". I could never figure that word out since it always involved lots of glass bottles. Then, of course, along came lots of cans which pretty much wiped out canning.

Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Kurt in Va] #3776904
04/24/13 08:30 PM
04/24/13 08:30 PM
southwest, VA
andyva Offline
trapper
andyva  Offline
trapper

southwest, VA
Paul,I figured you would remember when canning meant putting tin cans in boiling water with food in them and melting zinc around the lids. Big metal soldering iron with a corn-cob handle. That was before the new-fangled mason jars. So I've been told.

Re: off topic but curious ( ammo available in stores) [Re: Baxter] #3780407
04/27/13 08:18 AM
04/27/13 08:18 AM
michigan
sasqatch67 Offline
trapper
sasqatch67  Offline
trapper

michigan
walmart in MI yesterday, 50 rounds $25 one box allowed.

Kids who trap, hunt and fish. Dont kill, steal or deal....enjoy the outdoors with our youth.

yotes/0
fox/0
coons/
grinner/
skunk/
muskrat/
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread