ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo #3703375
03/15/13 12:07 AM
03/15/13 12:07 AM
decatur, illinois
c walker Offline OP
trapper
c walker  Offline OP
trapper

decatur, illinois
doing my first home, lawn, and garden expo. hope its worth it. wish me luck.

If your going to do it. Do it well.
Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3703538
03/15/13 05:45 AM
03/15/13 05:45 AM
NE, NC
B
Big Bear Wildlif Offline
trapper
Big Bear Wildlif  Offline
trapper
B

NE, NC
Good luck. Let us know how it works out. May open a new door for leads and exposure.

Be Green, Buy Fur.
NE- NC
Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: Big Bear Wildlif] #3707658
03/17/13 11:25 AM
03/17/13 11:25 AM
decatur, illinois
c walker Offline OP
trapper
c walker  Offline OP
trapper

decatur, illinois
handed out about 250 cards and signed up 4 jobs one groundhog job, one ghost in the attic job, one mole job, and one ground squirrel job. nearly every person that went by stopped and looked at my booth. and said they had some kind of problem. heading out to the expo now for the last day.

Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3707704
03/17/13 11:48 AM
03/17/13 11:48 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Sounds like it is worth while. The good ones are the ones that call when they have a problem.
Also get your name around.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3708360
03/17/13 05:53 PM
03/17/13 05:53 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Great to hear. No anti's then I take it?

Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: Jim Bethell] #3709000
03/17/13 09:52 PM
03/17/13 09:52 PM
decatur, illinois
c walker Offline OP
trapper
c walker  Offline OP
trapper

decatur, illinois
no antis that stated there opinion but there were a few people that said i like my wildlife. but i convensed them to take a card by showing them some pictures of houses we have repaired from animal damage. and told them its better to have the card and not need it then to need it and not have it. they took the card. i also tell them its not bad when they pass through its when they decide to set up residence. all i all show turned out awesome. making my ivcestment on the booth back on the first job i got wial there.

Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3709029
03/17/13 10:01 PM
03/17/13 10:01 PM
decatur, illinois
c walker Offline OP
trapper
c walker  Offline OP
trapper

decatur, illinois
i did have a lady ask me if i used those traps they use on wolfs because they hurt the animals i told her i do use those kinds of trap when the job calls for it but they didnt hurt the animals anymore than a dog chain hurts a dog. then she says ya but then they are stuck there and we leave them to starve. Right? she says. wrong we check traps atleast once every 24 hours. it is the law and would just be crual to do otherwise. anyway she took a card and said she didnt know all that and she was glad she stopped. would probly have her husband contact me about some coyote work. some things people say and think just burn me but alot of them just need schooled.

Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3709453
03/18/13 06:34 AM
03/18/13 06:34 AM
NE, NC
B
Big Bear Wildlif Offline
trapper
Big Bear Wildlif  Offline
trapper
B

NE, NC
Glad it worked out. Given us something to think about for next year.

Be Green, Buy Fur.
NE- NC
Re: going to my first home, lawn, and garden expo [Re: c walker] #3709605
03/18/13 09:24 AM
03/18/13 09:24 AM
Sacramento Mountains NM
mtncat Offline
trapper
mtncat  Offline
trapper

Sacramento Mountains NM
Originally Posted By: c walker
i did have a lady ask me if i used those traps they use on wolfs because they hurt the animals i told her i do use those kinds of trap when the job calls for it but they didnt hurt the animals anymore than a dog chain hurts a dog. then she says ya but then they are stuck there and we leave them to starve. Right? she says. wrong we check traps atleast once every 24 hours. it is the law and would just be crual to do otherwise. anyway she took a card and said she didnt know all that and she was glad she stopped. would probly have her husband contact me about some coyote work. some things people say and think just burn me but alot of them just need schooled.

I have not done a home and garden show yet. But I do give a couple of public talks every year. There is at least one person at every talk that brings up foot hold traps.
Every time it comes up I explain the facts of their use. I then pull out one of my foot holds, set it and then stick my hand in it. Depending on timing and what other things I have to demonstrate I may leave the trap on for the rest of the presentation.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread