ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Moles smarter than me. #3637709
02/14/13 01:39 PM
02/14/13 01:39 PM
Oregon
C
coast trapper Offline OP
trapper
coast trapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Oregon
I have been trapping this large yard for about 3 weeks and not 1 mole. Every day 1 or 2 new hills. No dig arounds or dirt fill in's. Most hills in center of yard. More runs than I can count telling me they have had moles for a long time. Deep runs about 8 to 10 inches and I suspect deeper ones. Using steves traps and oos traps. Set oos traps with blockages, loose dirt and woodies. Also trapping along sidewalk, driveway and raised plantings. I have 10 sets with steves traps and 5 with oos traps. Nearby is the golf course and where I am picking up 8 to 10 moles per trip. It is showing me I am not as smart as these moles and I suspect they have an advanced degree in how to frusterate a mole trapper. Any ideas or tips or is there some thing I am missing. Thanks

Last edited by coast trapper; 02/14/13 01:41 PM. Reason: add words
Re: Moles smarter than me. [Re: coast trapper] #3637877
02/14/13 03:19 PM
02/14/13 03:19 PM
Iowa
M
moleman Offline
trapper
moleman  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
Three weeks is a long time with no results for the amount of traps you have out. Every thing looks good. Only thing if your not doing it already is to have several traps in the main run in case it is teeing in from a another tunnel you can't see & exiting that same way. Maybe set the mound also if it is a new dig.If this keeps up your going to go in the red,ha. You would think it would repeat some where.

Re: Moles smarter than me. [Re: coast trapper] #3638197
02/14/13 05:58 PM
02/14/13 05:58 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I have taken a section of conduit pipe, cut the end at an angle, cut a chunk out of the side and put a handle on it. I push it in the runs that I think are active or for a matter of fact any run and put a hole in the run. Mark with a flag and keep an eye on the run, if a mole is using the run he will close the hole then I set a trap. Are any of the traps being tripped?
The chunk out of the side is to get the dirt out of the conduit.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Moles smarter than me. [Re: Getting There] #3638862
02/14/13 10:30 PM
02/14/13 10:30 PM
Oregon
C
coast trapper Offline OP
trapper
trapper
C

Oregon
very few tripped traps, all steves

Re: Moles smarter than me. [Re: coast trapper] #3640210
02/15/13 03:39 PM
02/15/13 03:39 PM
Oregon
C
coast trapper Offline OP
trapper
trapper
C

Oregon
got 2 today, So many traps they can't miss all of them. Left 3 sets and 2 oos traps on location. If after a week and no more activity I will call it good.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread