ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Georgia NWCOs check out the new GATE card. #3616928
02/05/13 08:37 PM
02/05/13 08:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
This is the Georgia Agricultural Tax Exemption program that went into effect this year (Jan 1) that exempts sales tax payments on any and all input purchases for qualifying persons or entities. I was looking into it for my beekeeping operations (I double qualify since I have already sold more than the qualifying $2500 in honey plus I also offer for hire "custom agricultural/apicultural services" that was in excess of $2500).
I found that NAICS code 1147 (Hunting and Trapping) is one of the qualifying codes as well. So this may bear some looking into on our part.

https://forms.agr.georgia.gov/GATE/

https://forms.agr.georgia.gov/GATE/images/GATERules.pdf

[Linked Image]
Re: Georgia NWCOs check out the new GATE card. [Re: warrior] #3620314
02/07/13 12:20 AM
02/07/13 12:20 AM
Coweta county,Georgia
csims723 Offline
trapper
csims723  Offline
trapper

Coweta county,Georgia
Thanks David I will be checking on this.

Re: Georgia NWCOs check out the new GATE card. [Re: csims723] #3652102
02/20/13 06:07 PM
02/20/13 06:07 PM
Georgia
F
firedawg Offline
trapper
firedawg  Offline
trapper
F

Georgia
yeah, I looked into it a little. You have to set is up as a farm services buisness where you provide for hire hunting or trapping services for farmers. You will have to show at least $2500 in sales and file a schedule F(i think) form on your taxes. This is the form farmers fill out to pay their farm taxes.

I usually do enough beaver jobs for farmers to qualify for that, but I don't know the ins and outs of reporting both farm, residential, and commercial jobs on your regular ADC business and or seperating out some jobs and filing them on the schedule F. Then you will have to prove that the items you buy with the GATE card were strictly for use in the services provided only to the farmers.

So i guess if you bought beaver traps tax free, you supposedly would only be able to use them on farm related jobs. I know i am getting picky here, but you see my point.

I know they do do audits every year, and the downside would be if you bought a bigger ticket item such as a 4 wheeler or vehicle and got caught using it on jobs other than one providing a service to a farmer.

The only thing that you can do to provide a service to a non farmer is to produce a agricultural product on your own land or land you lease and sell it to the public or whoever.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread