ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
ADC License Info for Minnesota? #3618635
02/06/13 02:29 PM
02/06/13 02:29 PM
Minnesota
buckslayer Offline OP
trapper
buckslayer  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
I've looked all over the DNR website, and the state of Minnesota website, but I can't find any info on ADC licensing or requirements. I'm still a long ways off before I'd ever get serious about this line of work, but I'm looking to at least start the planning process of it.

Thanks

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/denstad1
Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: buckslayer] #3618694
02/06/13 02:56 PM
02/06/13 02:56 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Remember, you are in MN so you will have a shorter ADC season. But you can fur trap.
The guys in Souther IL, are seeing skunks already. Just to give you an idea of the difference in location. Just something to think about.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: buckslayer] #3618711
02/06/13 03:02 PM
02/06/13 03:02 PM
Minnesota
buckslayer Offline OP
trapper
buckslayer  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
Thanks Everet. I was planning on doing ADC stuff down the road once I get more experience with trapping, but am not really in a rush to get it going. I stay fairly busy teaching conceal carry classes up here, but would like to fill in the gaps a bit. I figured even with the shorter season, it's better than nothing.

Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: buckslayer] #3618743
02/06/13 03:21 PM
02/06/13 03:21 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Buckslayer:
You have to be busy right now with class! I am a one man operation,busy in the summer and drops off in the fall. Bread and Butter are moles. But fun reading all the other post and the degree of work that is out there in some area's. I do not have the population in my area to make a living at ADC work.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: Getting There] #3618793
02/06/13 03:36 PM
02/06/13 03:36 PM
Minnesota
buckslayer Offline OP
trapper
buckslayer  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Everet
Buckslayer:
You have to be busy right now with class!

That's an understatement and a half. lol I left the army to go back to school and find myself having to miss a class here and there so I can have an open day to teach another class. Someone high up in the political office seems to be my best salesman. lol

Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: buckslayer] #3620067
02/06/13 10:54 PM
02/06/13 10:54 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
As far as a permit, that the easy part, you just send a letter to the DNR Division of Enforcement. If you already have a business then you are working on the hard part. Look in the archives and recent posts about pricing. DON'T USE THE YELLOW PAGES. Take slesmanship classes. Take Business management classes. Do you have any construction experience? Those are the requirements. The DNR report asks how many protected animals you caught. When you send it in that is your renewal. You do need Business Liability Insurance. You don't have to charge Sales Tax for trapping or exclusion work. You do need equipment. AES (330 trapper) sells quality equipment. Join LT's site for lot's more information.

Re: ADC License Info for Minnesota? [Re: Lundy] #3620144
02/06/13 11:15 PM
02/06/13 11:15 PM
Minnesota
buckslayer Offline OP
trapper
buckslayer  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
Thanks a lot for the help everyone. It's very much appreciated. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do, but that's fine by me. I'd rather learn everything that I can before I try to jump into anything.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread