ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page #3571988
01/19/13 09:16 PM
01/19/13 09:16 PM
Australia
alpine hunter Offline OP
trapper
alpine hunter  Offline OP
trapper

Australia
I recently set up my new business facebook page ( www.facebook.com/TrappingAustralia ) and realised there are some differences between how personal pages (now known as Personal Timelines) and Business Pages are set up and work. I have also noticed that some business pages are set up as business pages while some are set up as 'Individual' pages.
I just looked up the official FAQ from facebook about the difference and came up with this.
Quote:
How are Pages different from personal timelines?

Timelines are for personal, non-commercial use only. They represent individuals and must be held under an individual name. Pages are for professional or official use, and allow an organization, business, celebrity or band to maintain a presence on Facebook. You may only create Facebook Pages to represent real organizations of which you are an authorized representative.

In addition, Pages are managed by admins who have personal Facebook timelines. Pages are not separate Facebook accounts and do not have separate login information from your timeline. They are merely different entities on our site, similar to how Groups and Events function. Once you have set up a Page within your timeline, you may add other admins to help you manage this Page. People who choose to connect to your Page won't be able to see that you are the Page admin or have any access to your personal account.

My Business page is set up as a Business Page.
One thing I have noticed is that I cant post in groups while posting as 'Predator Trapping Australia'. In order to get my content onto group pages (like 'Trapping Talk' or 'Wild Dog Control') I need to share my content while posting from my personal page.
A benefit is in the naming of the page - you get to choose an easy name. Mine is www.facebook.com/TrappingAustralia
There is also access to data about how the page is performing and insights into who is being reached etc.

I am starting to get my head around all the differences and the ways to get the best out of Facebook - Does anyone else have any more experience and insights into Business Pages compared with Personal Timelines?

www.facebook.com/TrappingAustralia
Instagram @predatortrappingaustralia
Re: Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page [Re: alpine hunter] #3572172
01/19/13 10:58 PM
01/19/13 10:58 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Well only one of them can show up in a Google Search, a company page example

http://www.facebook.com/gainesvillewildliferemoval Gainesville Wildlife Removal

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page [Re: alpine hunter] #3572493
01/20/13 01:02 AM
01/20/13 01:02 AM
Australia
alpine hunter Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Australia
Robb, I was hoping you would provide some input! I just downloaded your 2012 Internet marketing podcast but haven't listened yet.
Yes, I think that the benefits of having a business Page instead of a Timeline far outweigh any negatives. After all the business pages are designed to network businesses!

I did not realise about the Google search thing. My facebook page shows up as the third result when I type in Predator Trapping Australia. I am happy with that considering I have not done anything to optimise for google search results and the page is only new. Not sure how to optimise a facebook page though (based on title only or the about section, or content??)
Next step is the website!

Re: Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page [Re: alpine hunter] #3572572
01/20/13 02:12 AM
01/20/13 02:12 AM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: alpine hunter
Not sure how to optimise a facebook page though (based on title only or the about section, or content??)
Next step is the website!

Post often. 2-3 week is more then enough.

Share photos and experiences. Be selective about what photos you share on social websites.

Title is your top real estate : Geo locations -use many verbs . More content is always better.

Localize your content.

I have many related podcasts that can help you below
http://www.sitesbyrobb.com/home/seo-the-...h-robb-russell/

What is Optimized Content?
Poorman’s Marketing Guide 2012
Buying Pay Per Click Advertising
What Is Your 2012 Online Marketing Strategy
What Makes Web Sites Work 2
Just Tell The Web Services Solicitors To Leave You Alone
Rod, Robb, George and Rich Discuss Web Design Content
Got Marketing Holes in Your Advertising??
Ok I Got A Facebook Page Now What!
Poorman’s Guide To Internet Marketing 2011
What Makes Web Sites Work Better
Marketing In Today’s Times with Ron Jones
Coffee Cup & Web Design
How & Why Wildlife Removal Web Sites Work & Don’t Work
How Much INTERNET Advertising Do I Need? Online Market Saturation

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page [Re: alpine hunter] #3572582
01/20/13 02:25 AM
01/20/13 02:25 AM
Australia
alpine hunter Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Australia
Just listening to the closing of Poormans Internet Marketing 2012.
Thanks, very helpful. Will download a few more.

Re: Facebook - Business Page Vs Personal Page [Re: alpine hunter] #3573407
01/20/13 02:40 PM
01/20/13 02:40 PM
Kansas City
sunflowerpest Offline
trapper
sunflowerpest  Offline
trapper

Kansas City
Also download the free Google+ Book I put on the Wildlife Pro Network, Google is loving Google+ pages and including them in their searches. I even have a NWCO community page. You can view my Google+ page as an example, I have 2 business pages and one personal. Sunflower Pest Solutions Google+ Page Nuisance Wildlife Control Google+community

Make sure to claim your business, and verify all info. We had a competitor here claiming other peoples pages and using their address with his business name. Very unethical.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread