ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
feedlot #3477441
12/12/12 12:32 AM
12/12/12 12:32 AM
mid-east, NE
C
coonhusker Offline OP
trapper
coonhusker  Offline OP
trapper
C

mid-east, NE
got permission to trap a feedlot
its not a paid adc job, but i get to keep all the fur
they want the coons out
what are some best/fastest methods for removing as many coon as possible in a short time frame?
thanks for your help

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3477672
12/12/12 03:38 AM
12/12/12 03:38 AM
Lewiston, Idaho
I
Idaho Bison Offline
trapper
Idaho Bison  Offline
trapper
I

Lewiston, Idaho
DPS around feeders

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3478528
12/12/12 04:12 PM
12/12/12 04:12 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Cornhusker, not sure you need that shot of the dog on live coon for all the world to see on the adc forum. I'm sure others are thinking it, I can't see it and not say it. Doesn't add to your question or help anyone understand what you do, also you might try your question on the traptalk forum if the job isn't an adc job and relates to fur versus damage management.

(ps. all due respect intended, photos in the last year have caused more AR issues than 1,000 guys running their mouths and being quoted have yet to do.)

Dogs and wildlife engaging in mortal combat seems to gain the highest AR and public disgust, so can't see why anyone would want to keep putting it out there in a public (yes public) forum like this one. Every day folks google these issues and even just googling raccoon could yield this post and your photo, likewise a search of "feedlot" could as well and someone with no knowledge can instantly become your AR buddy.

Just a thought, some will think otherwise, thats okay, I just don't agree.

Justin

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3478620
12/12/12 05:26 PM
12/12/12 05:26 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Justin, there was a pretty long span in my life where I would have argued this point vehemently but those days are gone. While that "dog verses coon" photo brought back some very pleasant memories, I felt the same way you did after I got over myself.

We need to explain to cornhusker that this is our one and only occupation for many on this forum and that people like you who can purvey this message to our customers, who may very well be reading this right now, are important to our business and family.

Re: feedlot [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3478865
12/12/12 07:44 PM
12/12/12 07:44 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
A work dog is firstmost bred to be a tool, secondmost, a non-human friend and companion.

We will never outnumber the no nothing fools who wring their hands, sob and wail into the sky about dogs savaging birds or coons or whatever. The best we can do is not give an inch.

Last edited by Phil Nichols; 12/12/12 07:45 PM.
Re: feedlot [Re: Phil Nichols] #3478943
12/12/12 08:15 PM
12/12/12 08:15 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
wow and that was edited Phil! smile lmao

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3479490
12/12/12 11:03 PM
12/12/12 11:03 PM
mid-east, NE
C
coonhusker Offline OP
trapper
coonhusker  Offline OP
trapper
C

mid-east, NE
HD im sorry that i posted in here!
it was just that it is a adc type job minus being actually paid for it.
the coon are still a problem and the owner wants them out.
I just thought someone might have some advice, froma professional stand point.
i didnt ask if anyone liked or disliked my pic in my signature!
Im proud of them dogs and what they can do, im not gonna crawl under a rock and hide because a picture might offend some bleeding heart treehugger! you do you and ill do me, and by the way if you didnt have anything to add about the topic then why did you even post?

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3479770
12/13/12 12:57 AM
12/13/12 12:57 AM
California
B
Baxter Offline
trapper
Baxter  Offline
trapper
B

California
Dog proof traps and comstocks if you have them. Gang set the place.

Aaron

Re: feedlot [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3479787
12/13/12 01:05 AM
12/13/12 01:05 AM
MO
C
Creek Trapper Offline
trapper
Creek Trapper  Offline
trapper
C

MO
Originally Posted By: HD_Wildlife
Dogs and wildlife engaging in mortal combat seems to gain the highest AR and public disgust, so can't see why anyone would want to keep putting it out there in a public (yes public) forum like this one. Every day folks google these issues and even just googling raccoon could yield this post and your photo, likewise a search of "feedlot" could as well and someone with no knowledge can instantly become your AR buddy.

Just a thought, some will think otherwise, thats okay, I just don't agree.

Justin

I guess I'm one of those guys that "think otherwise." You must not realize the extent of the internet. You can use a search engine and come up with photos of just about anything you could ever dream up these days. I do not think the general public see's wildlife engaging in mortal combat as disgust, but rather "cruel but acceptable mother nature." There is a single youtube video out there with 70 million views of a graphic battle between a baby water buffalo, lions, and a crocodile. There are many many other videos with millions of views each of various other animal vs. animal fights all with general public acceptance and "thumbs up." If you think that man's photo of a hunting dog hunting a raccoon (no blood, guts, etc.) is terrible maybe you should go see for yourself what else is out there on the web past the extent of Tman.

As for my advice coonhusker, try to pinpoint the areas where the coons are spending the most time and gang set the heck out of it. This will probably be where they are eating. Look for lots of tracks, piles of poop, etc.

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3479815
12/13/12 01:18 AM
12/13/12 01:18 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Coonhusker - posted because this forum is a place I've hung my hat for more than a decade now, going back to when I was in the trap
talk section learning to fur trap, not an adc guy. I posted because frankly someone needs to sometimes even if it doesn't represent the
majority, the opinion still counts. I'm not a tree hugger, not an AR person, but believe in the power of a few folks to change a massive
amount of things in a hurry. Months back the NV issue which wasn't at all inflammatory became a reason folks tried to close trapping in
NV, just some pics and a bit of video did all that.

Last poster - yep, mother nature is cruel, but put a human behind the dog encouraging it and you've now done something different than
the lion naturally attacking its prey. Two pitbulls could walk down the street and decide to attack and kill each other and folks feel bad,
but add some guys betting on it and guess what? Whole different deal.

I've been around working dogs my whole life, bird dogs, lion and cat dogs, coyote hounds and bear and hog dogs, doesn't change my opinion
that I don't need to have that pic under your profile, even though its your right to show it.

What is actually humorous to me is that if you look at forum rules "dispatch" can only be discussed in PM's yet most of those discussions bring
far less ire from folks than pics or video of dogs on wildlife.

Anyway, back to life, no worries, post as you like, just my opinion and because this is just a room for folks to BS about work, life, politics, etc..relating
to ADC, it will go back to that after a few more toss the tree hugger thing my way.

smile

Cheers!

Justin

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3481578
12/13/12 10:23 PM
12/13/12 10:23 PM
mid-east, NE
C
coonhusker Offline OP
trapper
coonhusker  Offline OP
trapper
C

mid-east, NE
i never called you a tree hugger HD
i meant the people you were talking about
as for the pic i will take it down because its caused so much drama

all due respect to you, it just struck a nerve, cuz whats funny is that pic has been in my signature for over 5 years.
i to have been a member on here for close to a decade and have learned alot along the way

Last edited by coonhusker; 12/14/12 12:30 AM.

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3482602
12/14/12 01:29 PM
12/14/12 01:29 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Coonhusker, didn't mean to offend you, and I know you didn't mean to offend me, my apologies for
dragging this topic off course. I'm also not saying you should remove your pic and hide, I've just seen
pics and video become too much source of inspiration for folks in the AR movement in the last couple
of years.

I do agree folks can see things online in any number of places, I've seen sites that I can't even stomach
frankly, but your pic wasn't flagrant, I'm likely just oversensitive seeing how many of these deals start
with so little.

So again, sorry, know you didn't mean any harm or to cause a debate.

Back to the topic, multiple coons as quickly as possible from a feedlot situation....

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3482968
12/14/12 04:52 PM
12/14/12 04:52 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
cornhusker and everyone else, the problem with the Internet is, that we get to agree or disagree as we see fit, without ever looking the person in the eye. To be perfectly honest, there are a number of you that I have met, face to face, and unless you've kicked me in the groin, I am swayed to agree with you.

Re: feedlot [Re: coonhusker] #3483989
12/14/12 11:38 PM
12/14/12 11:38 PM
mid-east, NE
C
coonhusker Offline OP
trapper
coonhusker  Offline OP
trapper
C

mid-east, NE
i agree paul it does make alot of people phony tough...lol
facebook is a perfect example, people say so much stuff on there hiding behind their monitors, that the would never have the stones to say in a face to face situation.
anyway i hope all is well now, and thanks to all who contributed, im working all weekend so the feedlot is getting set up on monday morning bright and early. ill keep yall posted how it goes, no pics of course!! lol had to throw that in

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread