ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Woodpeckers on Stucco #3387573
10/25/12 02:13 PM
10/25/12 02:13 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
One of my customers that I'm trapping armadillos for has a woodpecker problem. House (or mansion rather) has the Dryvit stucco on the exterior (the stuff that is put over foam insulation board). They are having problems with woodpeckers pecking holes in the stucco. They have patched the stucco a few times but the peckers are still pecking. A while back they had someone out that put up pinwheels etc but they couldn't tolerate that look on their palace. I haven't seen the birds so don't know what species but they are certain it is woodpeckers. Any suggestions?

Re: Woodpeckers on Stucco [Re: Barehunter] #3387585
10/25/12 02:20 PM
10/25/12 02:20 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
It's going to be the downies most likely outside chance of a redhead. You have a couple options and they will probably like neither. Net the affected area to move the peckers somewhere else or hanf some flashers (WCS sells them).

[Linked Image]
Re: Woodpeckers on Stucco [Re: warrior] #3389069
10/26/12 10:04 AM
10/26/12 10:04 AM
Western New York
C
Critterman Offline
trapper
Critterman  Offline
trapper
C

Western New York
Depending on what they are there for... depends on how I might handle it ... if they are just drumming or nesting ... the net hung 4 feet below to where the activity occured is the best way to go...

But if they are feeding ... in which they might be ... (bugs under the stucco) I would do a preventive spray on the house .. to kill all the bugs

The chances are though drumming or nesting is why they are there

Drumming activity is where the pin holes are in a strait lane along the house ... feeding is where the holes are all gathered together in a circular motion

Nesting is of course a pop can size hole in the siding

it is as it is... nothing more... nothing less
Re: Woodpeckers on Stucco [Re: Barehunter] #3389448
10/26/12 02:15 PM
10/26/12 02:15 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
Thanks for the info guys. Right you are, Warrior, concerning what the homeowner is willing for. At present there are only two holes about 10 feet apart and are maybe 1" X 1-1/2" with one slightly larger so not sure if feeding or nesting.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread