ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Flying squirrels #3347830
10/01/12 02:16 PM
10/01/12 02:16 PM
shirley,long island New york
R
rockintheocean Offline OP
trapper
rockintheocean  Offline OP
trapper
R

shirley,long island New york
I have a customer that I am doing a vole job for .When I first went to look at this job ,as always after the customer gets to know me they start asking questions about other things.One question "do we have Red fox"? I reply yes we do . .As we talked about the many differnt animals that we do have around us I said to this elderly couple that if I was to set up my trail camera ,you would be surprised as to what lurks around your yard at night.
No intention on frightining them ,just educating .Well this morning I pull up to check the vole traps ,and the elderly woman comes out .She starts telling me that after the first day ,she had been up sometime around midnight and heard some scratching noises,and little foot steps.She and her husband are going away for a couple of days and she needed to go up in the attic to get out a suitcase.So she said that she thought it was nothing ,just her mind as she thought of our conversation .I apoligized being that sometimes I just give to much info ...lol She claims that it was ok not my fault,so my wife who helps me out from time to time said to me to go up in the attic to get the case for her.The woman said no don't worry .At that time her husband came out.I said to her it would be no problem ,and that it would be better for me to go look just in case.He husband agrees.So I go up .Look at one gable vent ,all looks good .I head to the other and notice droppings and chewed up insulation along with paper and such .Looking at the vent I see the screening is gone at the bottom of it .Just then I hear something to nmy right .I look over and see a flying squirrel .So I grabbed my net and started after it . Of course it goes tight in to the soffet area. and I loss it.
My question is they want it or them gone .taken away from the house not just a oneway door put up to keep them out .What trap would you all recommend for the job.This trap ill be two stories up. I would like something that will catch more then one at a time.Also would like to buy something that wil last .Any sugestions?

Re: Flying squirrels [Re: rockintheocean] #3347839
10/01/12 02:32 PM
10/01/12 02:32 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Get the colony trap from Tomahawk live trap. It will only work if thats the only entrance/exit.

Re: Flying squirrels [Re: rockintheocean] #3347881
10/01/12 03:11 PM
10/01/12 03:11 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Flying squirrels [Re: rockintheocean] #3347982
10/01/12 04:33 PM
10/01/12 04:33 PM
CT
R
RF Wildlife Offline
trapper
RF Wildlife  Offline
trapper
R

CT
I like using the flyer funnel from wcs, can work as a one way door or you can attach a squirrel trap to it.

Re: Flying squirrels [Re: rockintheocean] #3347999
10/01/12 04:47 PM
10/01/12 04:47 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Fields Development has a nice nose cone and colony trapping system for a variety of set ups.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread