ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
New ADC group forming in Michigan #3327740
09/18/12 04:08 PM
09/18/12 04:08 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
There's a new group or club forming inside the Michigan MTA . It's not official yet we still need a board vote and membership vote . This group is not looking to change laws or reinvent the wheel . Drama free club . It's just going to be about the nuts and bolts of every day ADC work . Learning from each other . Meeting and learning how we can better learn to work together for the greater good . The first meeting will be about how we all wish to have the club run and are mission as a club and set are common goals . Does anybudy have ideas on how we can make this group Or club I guess you would call it a great place to come to . How should we setup things . What should are goals be remember where not looking to change rules or laws . This is just getting together for learning and meeting . Is this group a good idea or a bad idea , I wish to add to this group in a + way so I need good ideas when I do open my mouth . Not sure how the MTA would have us sign up for membership . It would be nice to know who I'm driving by all the time . I'm glad to see the ADC guys in the MTA looking into forming a club . Not sure when or where they plan to meet . Hope it's not the bizzy season . Anybudy else planning on joining this group . Sounds like the new rules and testing have hit a brick wall here in Michigan atleast that's what I herd from someone in the loop . I guess the insurance part is holding it up for 1 to 2 years and has been put on the DNR back burner . Nothing official yet I'm told . So this group should help some with training . We can just train each other . Not sure if people would like my ideas on how to stop animals damage . I'm kinda out there but it does work . Sounds fun to me maybe I won't get yelled at so much at this group

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3327890
09/18/12 05:41 PM
09/18/12 05:41 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Pesky, all I can say is that if the MTA is going along with this idea of an ADC group, they are a lot more open minded than the WTA.

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3327950
09/18/12 06:05 PM
09/18/12 06:05 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
MTA is also the preditor callers of michigan . Same bunch of great guys and most the ADC guys are already in the MTA . Safety in numbers correct .

Free Trapper
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3327975
09/18/12 06:21 PM
09/18/12 06:21 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Good for you guys pesky!

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3328000
09/18/12 06:31 PM
09/18/12 06:31 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Pesky, all I can say is that if the MTA is going along with this idea of an ADC group, they are a lot more open minded than the WTA.

I'd bet the GTA is worse.

[Linked Image]
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328058
09/18/12 07:12 PM
09/18/12 07:12 PM
northeast MI
dew Offline
trapper
dew  Offline
trapper

northeast MI
Just my look at it.I don't think it's a good idea to mix the 2 together.

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328073
09/18/12 07:17 PM
09/18/12 07:17 PM
Western Michigan
Animals Only Offline
trapper
Animals Only  Offline
trapper

Western Michigan
Pesky. Who you been talking to at the MTPCA?

AKA: Rusty Shackleford
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328076
09/18/12 07:20 PM
09/18/12 07:20 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Dew, while I agree I would at least like to be acknowledged. The GTA has no position on anything.

[Linked Image]
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328100
09/18/12 07:36 PM
09/18/12 07:36 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

How much are the dues?

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328309
09/18/12 09:23 PM
09/18/12 09:23 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Why is it a bad idea please explane . The MTA is no joke . The people running it pour there heart and soul into and like the president of the NTA said Michigan has very liberal trapping rules and you can thank the MTA for that . MTA gets things done and are always in the face of the Michigan DNR . There's mostly fur trappers holding the wildlife control permits . It's a bad idea these guys get together and share there ideas with each other . I guess I don't get why this is bad . But I asked so I got its bad but why . How about what kinda things this group could do to train with each other . Seems like fun to me and in the best interest to learn to work with each other . What would be the good part . People can still belong to the other groups and push for laws being changed if they wish .

Free Trapper
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328336
09/18/12 09:36 PM
09/18/12 09:36 PM
northeast MI
dew Offline
trapper
dew  Offline
trapper

northeast MI
I just don't think it's a good idea to mix the 2 together. trapping and ADC work are 2 different things and should not be mixed. I think you would have trapper showing up to learn just enough to get them in trouble. don't get me wrong I'm all for the education part but how you going to separate the controllers from the trappers. At a MTA meeting.

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328344
09/18/12 09:41 PM
09/18/12 09:41 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Education is a great idea. Just make sure you have good teachers. Good luck!

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328392
09/18/12 10:03 PM
09/18/12 10:03 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
I am pushing to do the same thing with the WTA. Why re invent the wheel like pesky said? The WTA pushes all the buttons with the DNR anyway, so why fight each other? Many of us here are fur trappers also as well as ADC guys. We dont want a National ADC club here telling us what to do, so our training will be pro active. It will also be free at any ronde in the state if I have to do it myself. But Im sure as soon as others see how much fun it is, they will join in too. Right Paul?......Paul

Last edited by Mike Flick; 09/18/12 10:06 PM.
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328456
09/18/12 10:38 PM
09/18/12 10:38 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Yeah, yeah, right.

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328514
09/18/12 11:12 PM
09/18/12 11:12 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
I can see there being some benefits ,example I just turned down a real nice bat job up in pentwater . I didn't have anybody to send it to . If I had trained with a guy and got to know him I would have sent him the job . Nice job to . One guy might have a lift he doesn't use much and once you get to know him he might just let you use it . That's working together there . Say you need help with a coon in a chimney , someone to push it to you . Call your buddy you have just trained with , he swings in real fast and things are ready go and job done . Next time you help him . Fur trappers and ADC trappers are mostly the same person . These same guys already meat up at the fur auction and not even know each other as ADC trappers . Well now they know .

I cant see any bad in it . I would much rather meat up in some pole barn and get down to some real nuts and bolts training . Than sit at some seminar wishing this thing would end so I could take a nap . Boring . Example a guy could pull his truck in to the barn and go over all the tools he has and how to use them. That sounds fun and real .

Some guy wishis to sell stuff well let's get it dirty and see how it works . You wanta learn how to fix holes well there's always a hole around in a barn . Guy would be please meet at my barn next .

Ok now where learning bat removal why couldn't we meet a real house with a bat problem . Sounds real to me and I guess this would be the kinds of things I will say to the group if this does become official . Not sure if this is the plan or not . I hope it's not like some boy scout meeting .

I'm sure the MTA is very a where of these wildlife control groups wishing to stop fur trapping across the nation . What better way to end that than cutting off the head and taking there member ship . I really can't see how this happens when most of the ADC guys are fur trappers . Must get brain washed or something or they cast some spell be careful guys might end up causing brain rot .

What ever it is I just hope it's fun and drama free just like all the other things the MTA has to offer

Free Trapper
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3328547
09/18/12 11:28 PM
09/18/12 11:28 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Paul - did you quite every organization? The thought is crossing my mind...

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Mike Flick] #3329114
09/19/12 12:00 PM
09/19/12 12:00 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Originally Posted By: Mike Flick
I am pushing to do the same thing with the WTA. Why re invent the wheel like pesky said? The WTA pushes all the buttons with the DNR anyway, so why fight each other? Many of us here are fur trappers also as well as ADC guys. We dont want a National ADC club here telling us what to do, so our training will be pro active. It will also be free at any ronde in the state if I have to do it myself. But Im sure as soon as others see how much fun it is, they will join in too. Right Paul?......Paul

Having a certified instructor in the group is a great idea .people are having a major problem sending 400 bucks to Nebraska .peolple don't seem to have a problem being tested. Could hold like a class and then have DNR a proved testing or even have a DNR officer do the testing . We could have officer donate his time and we could donate are time for one of there projects there looking for help , like biulding and placing pine marten nesting boxes accross the north woods . They don't know it yet but that's on list of the MTA as well . This project will be talked about at the next NRC meeting . Bring the pollution of pine marten up is going to be a great program . I've already got a few people looking to have boxes place on there land . Seems very easy to get people to go along with placing nesting boxes up . I have also secured hundreds of gaint spruce trees we can milled into boards . Just need someone with a saw mill to step up . I think the mn MTA has a project just like this going and there finding the double walled or chambered box the best by stopping the fisher from eating there young . I talked to a couple of trappers that have turned this into science .

Free Trapper
Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3329174
09/19/12 12:30 PM
09/19/12 12:30 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
I am an Army of ONE!

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3329744
09/19/12 06:25 PM
09/19/12 06:25 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
David, Yeah, I quit the Gay Liberation Front and the Democratic Party and Planned Parenthood and the Re-elect Obama Committee, but I'm a lifetime member of the Wisconsin Trapper's Association and have held office and still belong to the Wisconsin Wildlife Control Operator's Association.

Re: New ADC group forming in Michigan [Re: Peskycritter] #3334354
09/22/12 03:52 PM
09/22/12 03:52 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Keep up the good work Ryan.

Previous Thread
Index