ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Kirks rodent lure ??? #3314774
09/09/12 11:32 PM
09/09/12 11:32 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
WCT doesn't it have on their website, is it no longer available ? I assumed someone else was making it now. Does anyone else carry it ??

Adam Utterback
Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3314805
09/10/12 12:09 AM
09/10/12 12:09 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Adam I will share what I know.

Uncle Kirk's lure was made by the late Kirk Lapierre

When he passed away we held an auction http://kirklapierre.com/memorialauction/current-auction-list/ and most of his product was auctioned off and I know of a few gallons identified in his shed which were sold through WCS. Wildlife Control Supplies no longer carries his line.

If anyone would still carry this item it would be Alan Huot . Sadly I think its gone for good!

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3315827
09/10/12 08:04 PM
09/10/12 08:04 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
If I would have known this I would have bought a gallon or two !!

Adam Utterback
Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3315837
09/10/12 08:12 PM
09/10/12 08:12 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: 1st RiverRat
If I would have known this I would have bought a gallon or two !!

Yeah Adam and I would of done more podcasts with him too.

KIRK LA PIERRE 1959-2010

http://kirklapierre.com/complete-list-of-podcasts/

Kirks Gold Magic Rodent Lure CONCENTRATE - You simply add 4 oz. of concentrate to a 16 oz. sprayer bottle and add 12 oz. of tap water. It’s as easy as that !! No need to pay for shipping Water !!

Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3316568
09/11/12 08:58 AM
09/11/12 08:58 AM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

somewhere in the middle of MT
I guess the 3/4 of a bottle I have left is almost a collectors item and darn near as valuable as my case of R12 freon. Kirk never wrote down or recorded his recipes??

Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #3316581
09/11/12 09:05 AM
09/11/12 09:05 AM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
Kirk never wrote down or recorded his recipes??

No not really. Alan Huot and Aileen Lapierre looked and looked and nothing.

Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: 1st RiverRat] #3317332
09/11/12 06:19 PM
09/11/12 06:19 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Wow. Not only did we lose a great guy, but a wealth of great information as well.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Kirks rodent lure ??? [Re: Robb Russell] #3317749
09/11/12 09:42 PM
09/11/12 09:42 PM
CT
ctnwco860 Offline
trapper
ctnwco860  Offline
trapper

CT
I'm glad someone opened up this discussion as it gives me a small opportunity to get on my soap box about a subject which is near and dear to my heart.

I've been in this business now long enough to see lots of faces, names, etc. come and go, pass into infinity, and I remember specifically talking with Kirk a number of times about recording and documenting his formulas, in a safe & secure place, so if something happens to him at least his lure business can go on. He assured me that he had taken my advice and that "if something happened" his formulas were secure, were accessible, and could be replicated. For whatever reason, and I won't go into details, but Aileen (his widow) has not been able to locate them ? So when they are gone, they are GONE !! For those of you that don't know me, you have no idea how frustrating and painful this situation is. Unfortunately, it happens way too many times in our industry ! Paul Dobbins chime in here here if you happen to read this !!

Right now, this very minute, there are some major lure makers that are very well recognized in the industry that have no idea of how to document, record, or pass the torch of their fine products to someone else. They are all very proud of their products, and THEY SHOULD BE, the lure & bait makers on top of their games are artists, they've devoted their lives to developing products for all of us to use. But, to me, it just seems such a waste that it has the potential to all be lost !!

Lots of us on here never imagined, in our wildless dream that we would be paid for doing what we love to do ! For those developing products, or lures or baits, doesn't it make sense that it get recorded and documented ? Let your heirs enjoy the fruits of your labors ! Your formulas, your inventions, your ideas all have value.............take a few moments, write them down, tell your loved one where they are, have the conversations.

I haven't jarred the last of Kirk's Gel bait yet, but when I do it will be a sad moment, I'll scrape the jar clean............he didn't want it to end this way. Don't let it happen to you !!!

Alan A. Huot
WCS

P.O. Box 538
East Granby, CT 06026
ctnwco860@gmail.com
www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread