ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3303949
09/03/12 11:07 AM
09/03/12 11:07 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

I wish I coulda seen this guys face a second before the gun went off on this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4e94nOo1c&feature=fvwrel

Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3305013
09/04/12 01:27 AM
09/04/12 01:27 AM
Western Wyoming
S
sheephunter Offline
trapper
sheephunter  Offline
trapper
S

Western Wyoming
Mike,
I want to respond specifically to the statement you made regarding your nephew telling you about all these cops being scared of the dark. I do not mean this as a personal attack as I read your preceding posts and don't think you are a bad guy. I guess I feel this one is a bit over the line. I have been in law enforcement for quite a while now and worked with a lot of cops in several different locations. I can say out of all of them there is 1 that I believe was scared to go into harms way. Of course that one person got into a running gunfight. But, one of my best friends was there to save her, and walked, or jogged into the gunfight and cleaned house. There are more cops that I hope are not showing up when I am in the fight for one reason or another. I hope your scared of the dark cops stay up in Wisconsin. If I worked with those people I'd be having the, maybe this job isn't for you, talk. I had it with the one that I worked with, and others for various reasons. And that one did not last long. From my career experience to say that cops are scared of the dark or whatever is pretty ridiculous. Law enforcement faces some very scary situations daily. This country probably has the most effective law enforcement in the world. I don't mean to go off but I do get sick of listening to everybody pot shot cops on here. This is a trapping website. I don't get on here and talk about how the guy that the guy who plumbed my house was scared to go into the basement or whatever so all plumbers must be scared of the dark. Just sayin, let's keep it real.

Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3305287
09/04/12 10:54 AM
09/04/12 10:54 AM
Ohio
1775 Offline
trapper
1775  Offline
trapper

Ohio
right on.

Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3305514
09/04/12 02:10 PM
09/04/12 02:10 PM
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

Cops are people too Sheephunter, some are better at differant things than others. I guess if I were the boss down there I would keep those guys on the day shift.

Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3305873
09/04/12 05:35 PM
09/04/12 05:35 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Sheephunter, be glad you're in Wyoming. As the topic of this post says, I have a lot of cops that are my friends. Having said that, it seems every other week some cop in Milwaukee is being sent to jail. Yeah, it's a liberal paper and they love this stuff but I sure wish the cops would quit getting into trouble. Disrespect for the law in town is so prevalent that when you treat an officer with the respect they deserve, they treat you a whole lot better as well.

Re: I Have A Lot Of Friends That Are Cops But......... [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3306526
09/04/12 10:15 PM
09/04/12 10:15 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
26 crooked cops a year probably is above the national average fora town the size of Milwalkee. A lot of my friends are cops, I'm a friend to alot of cops and have been one in one form or another for 37 years. I don't know the details of this shooting and they probably will look at the training and hopfully add stress to the shoot don't shoot situations hopfully they already do.
I realize it is a job and you are not saving the world you are doing this job take care of your family. My favorite cops are the idealistic ones that look at this job as an opportunity to make their little world they live in a better place and law enforcement is one of the tools available to them but not the only tool. They look forward to goin intothe woods to save an autistic kid. They might be afraidto go into the woods after evil doers but they work through it. My least favorite cops are the one thinking they are saving the world.
It appears shooting this person made the world a better place. Unfortunately there was collateral damage and I am thankful that no one else was killed. I know no one feels worse than the men and women who hit the inocents and I have nothing to say about the cops except thank you. I know you get paid to drink coffee and eat donuts. You get shot beat up and give it back when you can for free just like our soldiers who I really have nothing bad to say about. I thank them and when they accidently or on purpose kill the wrong persons when they were trying to do right I forgive them and thank them.
I have no sympathy for intentional wrong doing by either cops or soldiers but I have a high tolerance and empathy for the best intentions can sometimes go completely wrong and I appreciate their intent for taking our place in the arena.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread