ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
dealing with unplesent customers #3179305
06/09/12 02:36 AM
06/09/12 02:36 AM
the vally oregon
B
bluedogs Offline OP
trapper
bluedogs  Offline OP
trapper
B

the vally oregon
so how do you guys deal with customers that are just rude,in bad moods, try to tell you how to dd your jobs and pretty much micro manage every thing you do or are not happy because its your not taking care of the problem over night?? i have ran into some just woundering what ways you guys go about dealing with people like this.

Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3179318
06/09/12 03:06 AM
06/09/12 03:06 AM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
When I was less older, I was very professional. I would do everything possible to solve the problem regardless of how obnoxious the customer. Now I am old and don't give a ship. In fact, is fun now to fling their ship back. I still provide good service to good customers. Over time, you will learn to recognize good from a-hole.

Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3179331
06/09/12 04:55 AM
06/09/12 04:55 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Unfortunately, in a service business like this, the customer can sometimes be the most unpleasant part.

I'm by nature, a very patient person and can put up with a lot from people. But when a customer gets under my skin, I've been known to be just as rude as they are, raise the price of the job or even refuse the job and leave.

It's pretty rare though.

Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3179402
06/09/12 08:12 AM
06/09/12 08:12 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

Most times I can tell the attitude on the phone. Thats where they tell me exactly what they have and exactly how to fix it. I usually tell them it looks like they have a handle on things, and hang up.

Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3179480
06/09/12 10:26 AM
06/09/12 10:26 AM
Cincinnati Ohio
C
Charles Holt Offline
trapper
Charles Holt  Offline
trapper
C

Cincinnati Ohio
Rude they get fired. All other quirks that they have you can bet their freinds, coworkers and family know about, so if you can get them to (even grudgingly)say that you did an OK job all of those people know that you did a great job. We all love the easy to please all sunshine and flowers type of customer and they are easy to turn into cheerleaders for your company and their recommendations are great but the hard to please or perpetually grumpy customers recommendation is worth so much more.

Charles Holt,CWCP
Owner
Advantage Wildlife Removal
www.cincinnatianimalcontrol.com
www.advantage-wr.com

Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: Charles Holt] #3179584
06/09/12 12:18 PM
06/09/12 12:18 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I use humour, higher prices, be overly pleasant. I'll do whatever they want me to do in addition to what I believe needs done. When I tell them what the cost is they usually let me figure it out. Sometimes I ask what they would charge to resolve the problem then offer to hire them. They have no ability or motivation to do it or I wouldn't be there.
Sometimes I walk away losing only a small amount of money and my valuable time. We only have so much of it and we all eventually run out. I'm not using it on people who make me feel like I'm wasting it.
Sometimes I make a sacrifice for the poor man or woman that has to live with this individual and will work harder to make myself do the job. If they are a matched pair I definitely walk.
Sometimes I walk in McDonalds and the CEO of the old mans group may have heard of me walking and will have something funny to say. Charles is right that person is usually well known for being difficult and shares his displeasure with his fellow man to the amusement of his aquaintances and maybe a friend or two if he can find them.
Finally try to make a lot of friends they always make you feel better after dealing with an obnoxious humansubstance and make a concious effort not to be like them.

Last edited by trapperpaw; 06/09/12 12:32 PM.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3180298
06/10/12 12:22 AM
06/10/12 12:22 AM
northern Calif.
P
Probtrapper Offline
trapper
Probtrapper  Offline
trapper
P

northern Calif.
Fortunately in almost 20 years of doing this type of work we have a very short list (7) of "DO NOT WORK FOR" names. We also have a two system pay schedule, one for 99.99% of the folks we do work for and then we have what we call the a-hole charge that, by the way, all the previous seven qualified for! I firmly believe that when people are rude or down talk you it is a conscious act on their part and long ago I made a conscious decision not to take it in either my private life or my professional life. You would be surprised at how many people, when they see they can't bully you in this way change their attitude and actually turn out be pretty good to work for.

Bob

Bob Hassel
Animal Nuisance Control
Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3180562
06/10/12 10:59 AM
06/10/12 10:59 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Funny how people bring you out and then tell you no that's not going to work . Or they put there Owen special bait in your trap and when doing it they fire the trap and can't reset it . Sometimes you just need to jump back in there ship . Your there to help them . Your not there to sell them new siding or a roof . Tell them hey I'm here to help you . Sometimes you can turn it around and become the man they tell there friends about . You don't know what there history is they could have been screwed over in the past . Maybe some yuppy trapper was there last time and took there money but did little in return . Some people are just not nice and don't respected anybody . I just tell that type to hire someone else . It's a free country feel free to walk off any job , just hand them there check back and walk off the job . Feels so good sometimes and the look on there face can be priceless .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: dealing with unplesent customers [Re: bluedogs] #3180974
06/10/12 05:33 PM
06/10/12 05:33 PM
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

When all else fails, tell them to call your competitor. Preferably someone you dont get along with.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread