ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3174492 - 05/27/12 12:45 AM Suggestions on calling videos or instruction.
Toptrapper1 Offline
trapper

Loc: Columbus, Oh
I have limited experience calling coyotes but need to get educated on this management tool. What video or private instruction school would you guys suggest. I don't just want a video showing allot of shots or advertisement for one product or another, but instead one that gives good solid useful information and if at all possible that deals with eastern or urban coyote calling. Thanks for your suggestions.

#3174553 - 05/27/12 02:45 AM Re: Suggestions on calling videos or instruction. [Re: Toptrapper1]
Vinke Offline
trapper

Loc: pacific NW
Grab a call and pretend you are a rabbit in a foot hold,,,,,,, works EVERY TIME for me..........

www.wawildlife.com

www.azrats.com

#3174606 - 05/27/12 07:00 AM Re: Suggestions on calling videos or instruction. [Re: Toptrapper1]
Kirk De Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
I agree with Dave.

I killed 12 one year, making a distress sound by sucking on the base of my thumb just before exiting my deer stand.

It works best, if you can see well, down wind.

Killed many that walked out of sight too fast for me to raise the gun while deer hunting. Just make the sound and wait. They usually present themselves again.

#3174625 - 05/27/12 07:15 AM Re: Suggestions on calling videos or instruction. [Re: Toptrapper1]
Nic Pallo Offline
trapper

Loc: Finger Lakes Region, NY

#3174757 - 05/27/12 09:32 AM Re: Suggestions on calling videos or instruction. [Re: Toptrapper1]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
As stated most predators are extremely curious by nature and rarely pass up an opportunity to investigate a sight, sound or smell that gets their attention. Keeping that in mind the rest comes with practice and how good of a set up you select. Paying attention to the wind and your movement,camoflauging etc.

Wildlife Pest Control Services