ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Micro website #3129153
04/20/12 04:16 PM
04/20/12 04:16 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Thats nice I just finally get a website now I need micro site and it's 12 times more ugh . That's we're it's headed I'm told ?

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129200
04/20/12 04:58 PM
04/20/12 04:58 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

The hurd is going in that direction. Not so sure that spammy sites will be around too long. Algorithms will change and weed them out. IMHO

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129232
04/20/12 05:21 PM
04/20/12 05:21 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
It's from AT&T Dave , I just got done with the sales lady , at 1,200 a month for each city I think I'll pass , she's saying it's the future

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129258
04/20/12 05:48 PM
04/20/12 05:48 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
I think your talking about the search pop up thing that's 600 a month per 150,000 , ya I can't see that being around with people switching to moble service ,cheaper ,no pop ups ,no wires ,faster ect , AT&T sells that to , the price just keeps going up I know , think I'll stick to the print , and online add , same price this year

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129265
04/20/12 06:02 PM
04/20/12 06:02 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Pesky a brand new micro site will not work in your market and it will take a lot of backlinks and time to ever be worth something and it will probably still need to become a real website and not a micro website after all. Trust me on this a $1200 MICRO would be insanely stupid. I have a three year old micro website for many nuisance animals and not just squirrels in your market that rocks though! http://detroit.squirrelremoval.us/

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129293
04/20/12 06:31 PM
04/20/12 06:31 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Just think about how high one or two truck operations would need to raise prices.

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129343
04/20/12 07:16 PM
04/20/12 07:16 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

A micro web site was pretty much an idea I advocated like 2-3 years ago. I called them key word domains . In your market I would add additional pages to an existing web site . If the web site had keywords in the url you will still get a boost for that keyword. Single page keyword domains are not competing well anymore in competitive markets.

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129404
04/20/12 08:13 PM
04/20/12 08:13 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Rob when I bring up say bat removal in clarkston mi and theres a page that just for bat removal in clarkston , is that a micro website or just a page of there reg site , if you go there look at b$b wildlife

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129408
04/20/12 08:15 PM
04/20/12 08:15 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Tried to hire Dave but he's not forsale

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129527
04/20/12 09:27 PM
04/20/12 09:27 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Rob when I bring up say bat removal in clarkston mi and theres a page that just for bat removal in clarkston , is that a micro website or just a page of there reg site , if you go there look at b$b wildlife
a page not a micro site.

Pesky

One of the most frequent questions I get asked on almost a daily basis is what do I need to be noticed on the net! Those in areas with little competition online can usually just get by with a well optimized web site . Once your competition starts to use online advertising or buys a few keyword domains and your visibility on search engines diminish you will need to do more. On the podcast I discussed your online marketing choices.

The words optimized get played out. What that means is using Google pay per click keywords as part of your content and not your only content. Probably one of the best web sites online content wise from a NWCO today is Justin Stevenson's but it is not properly optimized for local web searches. Web sites should list what counties they service including all counties and zipcodes. When you hire someone to do your web site you should be able to tell them what keywords you want to be optimized for and I have met few NWCO's who can.

Most of what is being discussed about Micro sites is discussed and shared by Mike Flick and myself.

How Much Online Marketing Saturation Do You Need ?

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129565
04/20/12 09:50 PM
04/20/12 09:50 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Sorry - I'm an honest guy...and there would be a conflict of interest. Perhaps, if you moved by Winkelman, I might help. wink

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129589
04/20/12 09:59 PM
04/20/12 09:59 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
That's what I was thinking Dave ,sounds like the place to live , it shouldn't take to long to pickup the accent . I have no need for a big website to be truthful I just wonder how it works . Thank you Robb .

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129702
04/20/12 11:07 PM
04/20/12 11:07 PM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
To be honest, all these crazy sites with several other sites farming back links of each other is consider black hat seo methods. They are all on their way out. The days of keyword stuffing, invisible text and doorway pages are coming to an end. They all used to be the way to go but now are deemed unethical by the SEO community. They might bring you short term Gaines but once google tweaks thei algorithms like someone previously said, your sites are going to tank.

Create your site that is rich in content and they will find their way there! Change your content, utilize social media sites, publish a few articles on say... Ezine articles. Submit your site to dmoz.com. There are a million ways to build organic backlinks without making 500 pages to try corner the first page on google through deceptive measures. They take a little time, sure. But you will get there.

Keywords aren't even as important as they used to be. Now it's in the title and meta names/description. Your title can be 10-15% of the search rankings.

Everything is really changing. SEO is a relatively new field. Open for the scamming like yodel, manta,elocal and the 500 other companies out there that want to hook you for 50 a month. My advice, get a book. SEO for dummies if there is one. Learn the basics. As soon as you hire someone, you'll always have to.
I'll dig up a free online book that even has a buch of cartoons in it so you don't fall asleep if anyone wants it. Only 60 pages. A great start.

I'm a recovering web designer/java programmer nerd. Worked for Napster back during the .com era. Gave it up for a more enjoyable career. If anyone ever has any questions I'd be glad to help if I can. Software versions update every 18 months so I'm a bit behind but I know my way around a computer.

Last edited by WTWC; 04/20/12 11:14 PM.
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129909
04/21/12 07:52 AM
04/21/12 07:52 AM
Haubstadt, In.
G
G Hanold Offline
trapper
G Hanold  Offline
trapper
G

Haubstadt, In.
WTWC, there is one. Just for giggles I had to look. SEO for dummies.

User formerly known as Hanible.

Trapping &
Removal of
Animal
Pests
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129932
04/21/12 08:26 AM
04/21/12 08:26 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Sweet!

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129935
04/21/12 08:29 AM
04/21/12 08:29 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Check out this podcast on iTunes:

eCom Experts
WebmasterRadio.FM
Management & Marketing. Would this be good Jerry

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3129959
04/21/12 08:59 AM
04/21/12 08:59 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
http://www2.webmasterradio.fm/best-search-strategies/

Can't see how anything like that would hurt. Their podcasts on SEO strategies are on the link above. I'm sure there are a million others where they came from.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/120308

This is a link the the Comics guide to search engine optimization. The book i mentioned earlier You can google it and find it in several different formats. This one is for stanza which is a free phone app. Amazon charges .99 cents but free everywhere else. It's a quick, free read. Good info.

Last edited by WTWC; 04/21/12 12:43 PM.
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3130356
04/21/12 04:33 PM
04/21/12 04:33 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

My Article On SEO Basics for THE NWCO
http://www.sitesbyrobb.com/home/seo-the-basics/

I started out Jan 2011 with this article in Professional Wildlife Control Magazine. I used a keyword domain as an example for Jonesie , or Ron Jones. I give example of a meta title and meta descriptions and how and why to use them properly.

I also have a few podcasts that if you pay attention will actually tell you how to write content and even get on the front page of google Jerry. To me SEO & trapping are very similar , in the field I trap critters and online I trap words. If I can do it anyone who tries hard enough can do it.

I give free advice and many of you know that!

Regarding backlinks don't buy them from anyone not even the nice guy from India. You need to earn them or ask for them one at a time. A few you can do yourself like blogging for free on a PR3 related domain nwcoa.info, put your domain url in like this http://www.animalremovalmi.com <---PeskyCritter that's a big hint , create an account on Lt's Forum put your correct domain in your signature and post on there. There are many places to leave your backlinks that are intended to create traffic organically to your web site. You can do this and so can your friends posting links with Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.

Social media matters , it matters on this ADC Forum, in our emails , in our own discussions. It is natural for Google to like it when different people suggest sites but its what is driving traffic to the site is what really matters. How you get backlinks really does matter they should come from authority sites related to our industry. They can also come locally from like a Motel web site, a realtor, insurance agent, etc. you did services for and if they spell out a few key words describing you service with a link it would be a valid link and a recommendation of your services. If you have the popular content like our podcasts its gets easier. Have other reasons to also drive traffic to your web site and be unique and creative about it. I did.

About Keyword Domains - All websites need content and the more the better. A micro site would be a small site with very little focus beyond topics related to the keyword of focus.

If you asked me where to get wildlife control supplies whether it was in a email, in article I have written, or even on a podcast or over the phone. The sponsor of this adc forum is http://wildlifecontrolsupplies.com. If you want a real good example of a key word domain that says what they do it would wildlife control supplies. Nothing black hat about it. I also use keyword domains in my Gainesville market even folks in Georgia and Virginia learn Anytime Wildlife is in Gainesville Florida.

The related podcast are all FREE.

SEO is a pretty new field I have watched it become new many, many times since 2006.

http://www.sitesbyrobb.com/home/seo-the-...h-robb-russell/

Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3130811
04/22/12 12:20 AM
04/22/12 12:20 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Holly smokes Robb now I'm really lost , web guys get me every time , thanks Robb I'll try to lison soon

Free Trapper
Re: Micro website [Re: Peskycritter] #3130846
04/22/12 01:05 AM
04/22/12 01:05 AM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Pesky Critter you have my phone number feel free to just call me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread