ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Snake Replant #3128780
04/20/12 09:32 AM
04/20/12 09:32 AM
North West GA.
Derek Delaney Offline OP
trapper
Derek Delaney  Offline OP
trapper

North West GA.
What is absolutely the very best Snake repellant on the market? My uncle has a client that owns a 7 million dollar company and he told me to find out the best stuff on the market. It’s for a vacation house on a lake he said there was snakes everywhere. Thanks for the help

Proud member of the United States Army (11c) 278th
Re: Snake Replant [Re: Derek Delaney] #3128828
04/20/12 10:32 AM
04/20/12 10:32 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Okay, I am about to reveal a long held secret family remedy for snake control. It was my great grandaddy's personal recipe.

Hard packed bare dirt from the property line to property line. No plants, no grass, house on piers, no animals in the yard, no food left out ever.

I'm serious here, Papa Gibbs didn't have a snake problem even though he lived in the middle of a cotton field. Everything that wasn't cotton was hard packed alabama dirt.

Other than that don't waste your money.

[Linked Image]
Re: Snake Replant [Re: Derek Delaney] #3128895
04/20/12 12:00 PM
04/20/12 12:00 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Originally Posted By: Derek Delaney
What is absolutely the very best Snake repellant on the market? My uncle has a client that owns a 7 million dollar company

If its a Seven million dollar home I can name a few clients like Warrior to trap and remove snakes from that property regularly for a fee. For the right money I am sure he will walk the property every morning and deliver the morning newspaper for the right fee too. Ain't that right David!

Don't buy into repellents they are at most offer temporary solutions until it rains or the wind blows it away.

Snake repellents is lot like the Spaniards in the 16th century looking for the fountain of youth and does not really exist. St Patrick the patron saint of Ireland lays claim to running all the snakes out of Ireland armed with prayer I guess.

Look into habitat modification first

" In particular, forested areas in and near transportation and cargo handling areas can harbor abundant prey, including rats, introduced birds, and lizards; provide daytime refugia for snakes; and furnish cover hampering visual detection of snakes. Clearing these areas often represents an effective and relatively inexpensive tool to augment other control methods, such as trapping and visual searches. Removing vegetation eliminates potential prey and snakes, rendering the area largely unsuitable for the existence of either. It also reduces the chances of snakes entering adjacent structures and facilitates the detection of any individuals that may move across cleared areas.

Large amounts of debris and refuse near many warehouses, comprised of abandoned automobiles, old pallets, and other junk, also provide havens for snakes and prey. Simply cleaning these areas can reduce the number of snakes present in an area and facilitate the detection and capture of any individuals remaining or subsequently moving through the areas. Examples include eliminating refuse near cargo assembly areas and warehouses and repairing buildings to prevent rodents and snakes from entering and also discouraging nesting by introduced birds "

Possibly install physical barriers [ http://www.fort.usgs.gov/resources/education/bts/control/barriers.asp ] and possibly snake proofing his home [ http://www.fort.usgs.gov/resources/education/bts/resources/snk_prf.asp ] Good luck!

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Snake Replant [Re: Derek Delaney] #3128903
04/20/12 12:11 PM
04/20/12 12:11 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
[Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] straight I would! Snakes are habitat driven, if suitable habitat exists you will have snakes.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread