ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Little Woodie's #3090437
03/25/12 10:38 AM
03/25/12 10:38 AM
MN
S
supercoonboy Offline OP
trapper
supercoonboy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MN
Does anyone use them on their OSS mole traps? A friend has a couple of mole she wants gone. It seem the OSS is the trap alot of people use. Just wondering if I should get some Little Woodies for the pans or just do the dirt bridge? Is there any thing I should do to the traps before I set them?

Re: Little Woodie's [Re: supercoonboy] #3092497
03/26/12 08:29 PM
03/26/12 08:29 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
If you are just starting doing moles I would read all the mole threads on here and then start trapping them. You will have some hits and misses then like a light switch you will start catching them all the time and you will look forward to the mole calls. The threads on here and anything else you read or watch will educate you and speed up your learning curve but it takes experience to bring it all together.
I would use my money to buy another trap or an outasite spade to make sure you don't miss a mole due to a rock, root walnut hidden by a squirrel keeping the trap from closing. Put a mudball under the dog it serves the same purpos an they are always available, you don't leave them in the yard.
If you are not going to put a flag next to them I would tie orange marker tape to them or paint them orange.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Little Woodie's [Re: supercoonboy] #3092806
03/26/12 09:53 PM
03/26/12 09:53 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
supercoonboy, go over to adcnetwork.proboards.com after you read the entire Mighty Mole Trappers Thread...thread...that way, you can truly learn something !

Re: Little Woodie's [Re: supercoonboy] #3097133
03/29/12 07:48 PM
03/29/12 07:48 PM
ky
B
BILL M. Offline
trapper
BILL M.  Offline
trapper
B

ky
I USED TO USE THEM BUT SWITCHED TO 3/4 PVC PIPE ZIP TIED TO TRIGGER. WORKS JUST AS GOOD AND CHEAPER. HARDLEY EVER HAVE A MISS WITH SET-UP.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread